This individual will sell service, parts, and whole-good attachments for customer solutions, while building long-term relationships within a territory to maximize company profitability and market share. They must have strong communication skills and are expected to meet the customer’s needs and expectations.
Specific Duties Include:
• Sell machine maintenance and repair services, repair parts, extended warranties, whole good attachments, and any other management approved products.
• Maintain basic technical knowledge of RDO Equipment Co. products and services and provide technical assistance where applicable.
• Use Company provided systems/tools (i.e. S2) to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner.
• Represent the company for the sale of Product Support to customers in a defined sales area.
• Maintain product knowledge; understand features and benefits of all products and services potentially saleable by the company.
• Be aware of competitive activity and competitive products, as well as business and industry trends.
• Maintain, as directed by the manager, current and complete sales management information for all customers in the assigned territory.
• Test/operate machinery at customer work site.
• Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
• Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
• Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
• Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
• Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
• 1-3 years’ experience in an industry-related role with involvement in activities such as sales, service, training, or other related work.
• Strong computer skills
• Strong communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Candidates must have valid work authorization and be able to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship