Performs various Customer Service activities, to include greeting and acknowledging all customers in a prompt and friendly manner, handling merchandise with care, providing information and direction to customers.
- Secure all firearms brought into the store with trigger locks
- Check in all Vendor representatives, completing the necessary visitor log information and controlling the visitor badges
- Supports a strong commitment to world class customer service and ensures a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers
- Greet all customers as they enter the store in a friendly and outgoing manner
- Handle customer's merchandise returns; complete refund / exchange paperwork
- Sort returns by category and return to proper area
- Sell appropriate Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Handle and administer all incentive and reward programs
- Remains product knowledgeable
- Aware of advertised sales
- Keeps work area clean, neat and well stocked with supplies
- Follows all Company Policies and Procedures
- Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
- identifying and evaluating customers' needs
- making product recommendations based off this analysis
- promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB Membership, VOC, and In-Store Pick-up
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
- Minimum Degree Required: High school diploma or equivalent experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITY:
- Ability to calculate figures such as discounts and make change to customers
- Ability to communicate in a friendly and professional manner to our customers and other associates
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Management, coworkers and customers.
- Ability to operate computerized Point of Sale register system
- Constantly stand and/or walk during shift
- Constantly communicate with others to exchange information
- Constantly repeat motions that may include the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
- Occasionally ascend or descend ladders, stairs, ramps, etc.
- Occasionally work in low or high temperatures
- Occasionally work in noisy environments
- Light work that includes constantly lifting and moving objects up to 20 pounds, occasionally move and lift objects up to 100 pounds or more (utilizing a team lift as needed)
- Performs tasks and duties under general supervision, using established procedures and innovation. Chooses from limited alternatives to resolve problems. Occasional independent judgment is required to complete work assignments. Often makes recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices.
Part Time Benefits Summary:
Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants, world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!
Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Qualified individuals with known disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit your nearest location or contact us at email@example.com.