Job Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Director of Sales
Amount of Travel Required: None
Job Type: Regular
Positions Supervised: None
STARTING PAY: $22.50 - $25.00 PER HOUR DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.6 billion in 2020. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
The Customer/Project Coordinator is responsible for preparing estimates and quotes for project bids along with creating shop drawings and layouts for precast concrete projects: manhole/intake, reinforced concrete box, and reinforced concrete pipe. This position is also responsible for managing the project and customer relationships through all phases of the project. This position will observe confidentiality of all customer and company information.
Essential functions include:
· Develop and maintain all drawings from customer specifications.
· Coordinate with customer and Sales Representative on order status through delivery. Work with customers to answer questions and receive approvals.
· Develop production drawings for manufacturing.
· Data entry of order information and customer delivery dates in the database/ERP (Syteline) system.
· Prepare quote information on bids or negotiated projects for quotes processing.
· Initiate orders of special auxiliary components in accordance with the contract.
· Organize and maintain the project filing system.
· Assist other Project Coordinators when they have schedule conflicts.
· Assist sales in managing the risks associated with project contracts to minimize Forterra’s exposure to financial loss and liability.
· Manage the project through all associated Forterra departments.
· Process change orders as the project proceeds and mitigate the costs where possible recognizing production schedule constraints.
· Notify sales and/or the customer immediately of delays caused by others.
· Know the schedule for all phases of the project and make sure the customer’s and productions needs are met at all times.
· Regular, timely attendance to meet customer/company needs in an efficient and effective manner.
· Performs special projects or assignments as directed.
Qualified candidates should possess the following:
· Business/technical degree (two year) in civil engineering or drafting.
· Basic knowledge of civil engineering concepts.
· AutoCAD and related design software proficiency. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
· Works as an effective and proactive team player; understands the importance of supporting our customers and sale’s team.
· Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
· Communicates clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization.
· Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills. Ability to be flexible and productive in an environment with regular interruptions.
· Superior organization, prioritization and proactive problem solving skills.
· Self-directed and motivated to continually evaluate and improve processes and procedures.
· Demonstrated success in balancing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills and ability to present oneself and communicate in a professional, positive, and courteous manner at all times with customers and all levels of employees.
· Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and database systems. AutoCad experience a plus.
· Demonstrated pattern of positive attitude, strong work ethic and dedication.
· Must have a valid drivers’ license and ability to travel 5-10 percent of the time to plant locations and/or meetings.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. We offer to eligible employees, Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with match, Paid Time Off, 10 Paid Holidays, STD, LTD, and Flex Spending Accounts.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V – Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.