Forterra, a Quikrete company is seeking a Customer Coordinator for its Bonner Springs location.
The Customer Coordinator is responsible for managing all aspects of multiple projects while maintaining customer relationships throughout the process. This position serves as a liaison between various departments within the organization and will observe confidentiality of all customer and company information.
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.6 billion in 2021. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5,000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Managing projects through all phases including initial job set-up, scheduling fabrication of product, customer communication of timelines, and shipment of product.
- Managing entry of order information and customer delivery dates in the database/ERP system.
- Developing take-offs and drawings from project specifications and plans.
- Working closely with customers to answer any questions and address any problems or complications that may arise.
- Identifying the schedule for all phases of the project and making sure the customer’s and productions needs are met at all times.
- Initiating orders with the purchasing agent for special hardware in accordance with the project specifications.
- Processing change orders as the project proceeds, and mitigating costs by recognizing production schedule constraints.
- Notifying sales and/or the customer immediately of delays caused by others.
- Organizing and maintaining a project filing system.
- Meeting work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards.
- Assisting sales in managing the risks associated with project contracts to minimize Forterra’s exposure to financial loss and liability.
- Helping to resolve operational problems and identifying work process improvements.
- Assisting other Customer Coordinators when they have schedule conflicts.
- Maintaining regular, timely attendance to meet customer/company needs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Business/technical degree required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred.
- Ability to work independently yet within a team setting is essential
- Ability to present oneself and communicate both orally and in writing in a professional, positive, and courteous manner at all times with customers and all levels of employees.
- Works as an effective and proactive team player; understands the importance of supporting our customers and sale’s team.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills.
- Ability to be flexible and productive in an environment with regular interruptions.
- Superior organization, prioritization and proactive problem solving skills.
- Self-directed and motivated to continually evaluate and improve processes and procedures.
- Demonstrate success in balancing multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and database systems. AutoCad experience a plus.
- Demonstrate patterns of positive attitude, strong work ethic, and dedication.
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.
No Search Firms please.