The Customer Communication Associate is responsible for providing world-class customer communication by acting as the first point of contact to internal and external customers. This role relays calls based on the call type and works with customers and employees to answer questions and escalate complaints. Experience in Microsoft Office and multi-line telecommunications systems required.
• Functions as first point of communication contact for Western States’ customers insuring world class customer care.
• Answers incoming calls within 3 rings, determines nature of inquiry, provides information about products and services as appropriate, directs calls to appropriate department or employee, and relays and routes messages as necessary.
• Operates multi-line telecommunications system and answers calls in a timely and professional manner.
• Obtains details of customer issues and/or complaints as needed. Insure customer’s issues are handled by appropriate party.
• Follows up on resolution as appropriate.
• Escalates non standard or difficult calls to the Customer Communication Supervisor as needed.
• Keeps records of customer interactions and transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
• Meets or exceeds customer care and quality standards.
• Performs clerical duties as needed and assigned such as data entry, typing, customer follow up, etc.
• Adheres to all customer care standards.
• Actively cares and advocates safety at Western States. Adheres to all applicable safety policies, procedures and standards.
• May accomplish training and serve as a team member in support of Western States’ strategic programs, projects, and initiatives.
• Works within and promotes corporate vision, mission, and values of the organization.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Knowledge and use of all Microsoft computer products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or other comparable systems.
• Knowledge and use of multi-line telecommunications systems.
• Excellent listening and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm and de-escalate conflict.
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to problem solve and provide excellent customer care.
• Consistent attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Proof of high school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
• Minimum six months equivalent experience using a multi-line telecommunication system to provide world class customer service to external and internal customers preferred
• Must be able to communicate (speak, read, comprehend, write in English).
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time along with walking, standing, climbing stairs, reaching pushing, pulling, leaning and twisting.
• Must be able to meet all safety requirements for applicable safety policies.