We are currently seeking a highly skilled Engineer. This Engineer will be level three within the organization and should have a proven track record in a similar industry (prefrence to Food & Beverage experience). This position is responsible for the evaluation of building leaks or structural issues, structural design, repairing, replacing or designing building cladding or roofing systems, thermal analysis and performing air and water leak testing on existing buildings and design of the building envelope in new construction projects.
- Develop scope of work and details for structural and architectural components of complex structures and buildings
- Develop and prepare construction documents for assigned projects
- Evaluate existing buildings for structural and architectural conformance to current building codes and requirements of the food processing industry; review and approve consulting engineers and architect's construction documents
- Provide continuous effective project design management from inception through construction
- Other duties include:
- provide CSA design, organize drafting resources, and be responsible for the accuracy and thoroughness of the final construction documents
- Coordinate and ensure company objectives regarding capacity, operability, economics, and timelines
- Perform and document thorough code reviews including all local and state building code requirements
- Provide conceptual designs and review preliminary designs for new projects
- Provide, review, and approve construction documents including design calculations, detailed drawings, and specifications for renovations, additions, and new facilities
- Ensure document and project coordination between all disciplines
- Provide structural and architectural evaluations and provide written reports of existing buildings and structures
- Design, detail, and specify architectural components to achieve complete thermal and moisture barriers
- Position will also design and specify doors, hardware schedules and frame details
- Develop detailed scope of work and request for proposal documentation for consulting architectural and engineering services and design build projects
- Review and approve consulting engineers and architect's construction documents
- Function as project manager on assigned projects
- Maintain knowledge of economical building systems in conjunction with durability requirements for the food processing industry
- Additional duties include:
- Prepare estimates for design and construction, personnel requirements, project budget and time schedule
- Ensure all engineering projects, initiatives, and processes are in conformance with client’s established policies, objectives, and standards; analyze construction and design bids and recommend the candidates for successful bidder
- Prepare service requisitions based on the bids for order generation by Corporate Purchasing
- Review and approve construction shop drawings and product submittals for conformance to construction documents
- Perform construction site visits and provide written reports of construction progress and deficiencies
- Support and develop corporate construction standards and details including inter-discipline standards
- Maintain professional registration/certification as required
- Accredited Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Architecture or, equivalent experience relating to building envelope inspection and investigation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in building enclosure design, review and assessments OR
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in building enclosure restoration and consulting involving managing bulk water, water vapor transmission, air leakage, and thermal transmission.
- Expertise in building enclosure systems, including one or more of the following: roofing, wall claddings, glazed assemblies, waterproofing, hygrothermal modeling, and building enclosure diagnostic testing. Must have a working knowledge of basic structural systems.
- Knowledge and use of computer programs, spreadsheet, database and scheduling programs; Microsoft exposure preferred; proficient AutoCAD and/or Revit knowledge and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.