Job Location: Branch #17 Las Vegas - Las Vegas, NV
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Negligible
Job Shift: Any
Job Category: Sales
Central Power Systems & Services is a privately held company with deep roots going back to 1954.
Our Mission Statement is forging long lasting partnerships by providing first class customer support. We live that statement every single day.
We continue to grow in the Critical Power market. We are looking for the right individual who shares our passion for the products, our desire for continued growth, and our commitment to build more meaningful customer relationships founded on trust and integrity.
This particular sales position is focused on our Critical Power Division. It involves the sale of Emergency Standby Generators by MTU, a Rolls Royce Solution. But also complimenting products such as transfer switches, paralleling switchgear, UPS systems, battery systems, busway, and more. All from leading and well known manufacturers in the American market.
We provide more product-depth inside the critical power market than our competitors do. Our in-house service department directly supports everything we sell. We support quick thinking, timely decisions, and fast action. A sense of urgency is critical in everything we do.
CPS&S has a long-standing commitment to employee development. Ongoing product-specific sales training will be provided at all relevant opportunities.
A candidate must currently live in, or be willing to relocate within, the Las Vegas metropolitan area.
- Focus will be to cultivate sales opportunities with new and existing accounts.
- Develop new relationships with key user groups including electrical contractors, electrical engineers, and end users.
- Develop key working relationships with local trade associations and user groups.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This is an outside sales position. As much time as possible shall be spent in the field, interacting with electrical contractors, consulting engineers, and end-users.
- Create and prepare quotations for projects as needed.
- Diligently follow through and follow up on every opportunity.
- Work with the inside sales staff to help manage projects throughout entire sales cycle, including submittals, delivery, install, start-up, etc.
- Actively maintain customer data and sales activity in the company’s CRM.
- Work diligently as a team with other sales disciplines within the company to warmly hand off leads of other products.
- On the commissioning of every new unit sale, communicate closely with the branch service department in order to help present a Preventative Maintenance Agreement for customer aftersales support.
- Be willing and able to participate in overnight travel as needed for sales calls, sales meetings, training, etc. Anticipated overnight travel would average 2-4 nights per month.
- Work under deadlines as given and be flexible in working hours as dictated by customer needs and schedules.
Central Power Systems & Services is a company that thrives on teamwork. Success requires various professionals in multiple areas of expertise, each doing their own specific role to support our customers. We all do our part, we work hard together, we share market intelligence, and we support each other where we can. We believe working hard and having fun are not mutually exclusive.
CPS&S is a smoke-free and drug-free work environment.
- A high school diploma is required. A college degree (ideally in business or in a related subject), trade school, or relevant military experience is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the electrical industry is required, in either sales or field service roles. Direct experience with generators, UPS systems, electrical distribution systems, or switching systems is preferred.
- Prior work experience and industry relationships within the Las Vegas, Nevada market is strongly preferred.
GENERAL SKILL REQUISITES
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- General sense of resiliency with a positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with others from a variety of backgrounds.
- Willing to put forth the honest effort in order to be successful.
- Possess good, safe work habits in all environments.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Be able to give regular and predictable full time attendance.
SPECIFIC SKILL REQUISITES
- Strong mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Solid understanding of basic generator and electrical distribution principles.
- Strong attention to details and diligent follow-through.
- Solid working proficiencies with Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, Explorer, Power Point, etc.)
- Ability to understand, embrace, and implement new technologies as they evolve.