Remote Opportunity (Little Rock preferred)
Vestcom is the industry leader in technology-driven shelf-edge solutions for Retailers and CPGs. Our data-integrated media solutions drive sales and loyalty, engaging shoppers where it matters most – the point of decision. Our patented innovation has been trusted by top retailers for more than 30 years to drive productivity and profitable growth. For our growing team of over 1000 employees, Vestcom offers the stability of an established company with the entrepreneurial spirit and fast-paced environment of a start-up.
Vestcom’s core values are at the heart of our organization, representing our fundamental beliefs and serving as our guiding light in for how we conduct business and interact with each other.
- OUR TEAMS - Our colleagues and our client define our team.
- OUR INTEGRITY - Our colleagues and clients rely upon us to deliver.
- OUR INGENUITY - Our colleagues and clients look to us for unique solutions.
- OUR PERFORMANCE - Our colleagues and clients team with us to win.
Vestcom is a standalone business unit of Avery Dennison, a Fortune 500 leader in materials science and packaging materials. Learn more at www.vestcom.com.
The Credit/Collections Accounting Associate is responsible for proactively monitoring accounts in-order to avoid past dues, along with overseeing the collection of past due invoices from clients and performing other accounting related tasks as needed.
► Key Areas of Responsibility
- Uses A/R aging reports to determine priorities and makes assigned number of daily calls to drive the collection of past due invoices.
- Proactively calls clients to avoid past due invoices.
- Makes calls to clients to resolve past due invoices.
- Documents call activity on collections attempts; documentation of collections efforts should be completed weekly.
- Coordinates clearing of short payments, write-offs, and any other unpaid balances that will not be paid by clients.
- Ensures accurate and timely billing for assigned customers
- Maintains customer billing details and contacts
- Assists other billing team members in meeting goals and deadlines
- Meets deadlines associated with month and year end close in accordance with closing schedule.
- Assists with special finance/accounting projects as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
► Key Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field is required; or a minimum of three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are required. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and other associates required.
- Proactively own and develop business relationships with key client contacts.
- Must possess the ability to be diplomatic with challenging customers.
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail, adapt to a fluctuating work/team environment and be flexible.
- Must have a minimum of intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Prefer some previous experience with at least one accounting software package.
- Ability to embody and reflect Vestcom’s core values
► Additional Requirements
- Compliance with Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required
- Compliance with all Company policies is required including all safety policies and procedures
► Supervisory Responsibilities
► Management Disclaimer
Vestcom’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or Vestcom may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.