*NOTE* - This position is located onsite at Gavilon's Corporate Headquarters in Omaha, NE.
The Credit Intern will provide support to Gavilon’s internal Domestic and International credit risk management groups, developing skills to uphold the credit policy through daily credit risk analysis. The Credit Intern will assist the Credit Analysts and Credit Managers to process credit files, recommend credit limits, monitor exposures, provide reporting, and analyze Scorecards providing recommendations for improvements, all supporting the credit department’s short- and long-term goals.
- Assist with the ongoing credit review process.
- Prepare credit investigations for existing and new business counterparties (customers, suppliers, logistics companies, warehouses, banks
- Obtain, review and analyze financial information, bank and trade references, third party credit reporting, counterparty websites, country risk data, trade and logistics details, sanctions screening, and internal payment/performance experience as applicable
- Liaison with credit team member to oversee A/R, Past Dues and Over Credit Limits.
- Prepare & provide timely reporting and analysis to management
- Enter appropriate data into the credit system and source systems of the company
- Assist with analysis and validation of existing Scoring Models. Aid in standing up visualization of Scorecard data elements to enhance credit reporting and expedite credit analysis.
Other Job Functions:
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Risk Management
- Minimum 2 years of college level coursework and/or applicable trade school program, working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics required.
- Ability to effectively work as part of a fast-paced, dynamic and highly motivated team with strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong mathematics and quantitative skills are a plus
- Experience in an agricultural environment preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Position is located in an open-concept office environment requiring the ability to focus amidst surrounding activity
- Frequent communication with various credit staff
- Must comply with all Gavilon policies, including all COVID-19 protocol
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 90% of the time
- Position requires operation of a computer and other standard office equipment up to 90% of the time