Job title Credit & Collections Specialist
Reports to Accounting Services Manager
The Credit & Collections Specialist specialized in duties associated with credit and collections. This position will contribute to the efficient and effective working of the finance department by executing daily tasks including maintaining outstanding credit records and performing collection calls. This role will utilize strong accounting knowledge, time management skills, and effective problem solving to ensure success.
Duties and responsibilities
• Administration and organizational support for the Accounting Manager.
• Monitor and maintain credit and collections accounts.
• Follows policies and procedures designed to reduce delinquency.
• Works with sales, customer service and management in the collection process.
• Answer phones and respond to internal and external customers.
• Provides customer service associated with credit and collections while building customer relationships.
• Responsible for new customer setup and credit application review.
• Ensure monthly credit memos are complete
• Monthly treasury management as assigned.
• Make recommendations for changes to improve AR function process and procedures.
• Assist with special projects as assigned.
• Knowledge of Accounting, normally acquired through completion of a Technical Degree in Accounting, Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or relevant work experience.
• Basic accounting understanding and GAAP knowledge is preferred.
• Proficiency in ERP systems: Infor Syteline, SXe and D365 experience is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office – specifically Excel
• Efficient time management skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
• Ability to work independently or with a team and meet deadlines
• Must be well organized, have a strong attention to detail, analytical abilities, problem solver, adaptable, and team player.
• Must be self-directed, self-motivated, and have proven experience leading a team
• Positive & proactive attitude with ability to address issues, follow up and implement solutions as required.
• Office atmosphere conditions
• Ability to travel to other business locations periodically
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and repetitive motion working at a computer.
• Frequent walking, talking, and hearing. Occasional standing, reaching, and bending.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.