Credit & Collections Analyst - Temporary
Teledyne Environmental Instrumentation offers a wide range of products used for environmental monitoring, instruments that enable measurement and monitoring of key air environmental parameters as well as gas purity and content for industrial and manufacturing applications, sensors for the measurement and monitoring of the physical and chemical properties of untreated water, and laboratory systems that improve sample acquisition, handling, and preparation for analysis. This position will be located in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Assists in improving the effectiveness of Teledyne's credit and collection efforts by proposing improvements in policies and procedures.
Establishes and successfully completes goals and focused projects, as assigned that will help the CFS department and/or other departments of Teledyne in meeting the goals of the corporation.
- Associates degree in Business or related field2 years experience in a credit related position or 4-5 years related experience in lieu of of educations
- An employee in this position must be well organized, possess outstanding interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal skills and be able to relate effectively with management as well as the general public.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft products such as Word and Excel is needed.
- He/she will be responsible for confidential information in the form of credit documents of other companies.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, policies, procedures, and governmental regulations; Ability to write business correspondence accurately and in a timely manner normally accomplished by typing 50 wpm at 95% accuracy.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Physical Demands: Work is typically sedentary requiring frequent reaching, fingering, and grasping. Requires frequent reading, talking, and listening. Visual demands are constant. Requires occasional stooping, crouching, or kneeling. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.