Credit Assistants are the masterful problem-solvers and are capable of multi-tasking while successfully maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction to both external and internal customers. At FBM we believe in doing business with integrity and being the Company of Choice for both our customers and our team.
Come build your career with an exciting and growing organization within the building products industry!
- Provide material releases and other documentation for customers as needed.
- File and coordinate applicable preliminary notices and related documentation as needed.
- Process standard daily reports and deposits.
- Prepares and send to customers vouchers, invoices, checks, account statements, reports and other records and reviews for accuracy.
- Provide assistance to the Credit Manager in processing money transactions, invoicing, reconciliations, verifying posting substantiating business transactions, and other tasks on a daily basis.
- Possess strong attention to detail and able to detect discrepancies in data and written documents.
- Monitor and Follow-up on any outstanding Accounts Receivables per direction of credit manager.
- Conform to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Process credit applications by checking references and credit reports, and ensuring completeness.
- Collection calls when needed.
- Maintain office supplies & office equipment.
- Must attend all required meetings in relation to accounting and overall company.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office Products
- Basic knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting applications including accounts receivable, and general ledger.
- A principled approach to work, including honesty and integrity
- A friendly and supportive work environment with work/life balance as a priority
- Competitive pay
- Excellent benefits including: Medical, Dental and Vision plans, 401(k)
About Foundation Building Materials
Foundation Building Materials (FBM) is a leading North American distributor of building materials focused on meeting and exceeding the needs of local construction trades with best-in-class products and services. Based in California, FBM has more than 4,500 employees in more than 250 locations the U.S. and Canada. FBM’s core values – safety first, a focus on customers and team members, honesty and integrity – form the foundation for an outstanding customer experience that is recognized across the industry.
FBM promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace with respect to all categories protected under applicable State and Federal law.