Mazzella Core Values:
- Lifelong Learner – routinely acquire new skills and capabilities that bring value
- Humble – lack excessive ego or concerns about status. Emphasize the Team over self
- Hungry – always looking for more, self-motivated, and diligent. Do more than to just get by, committed
- Smart – common sense about people, good judgement, and intuition around their impact on group dynamics
The Crane Service Specialist is responsible for providing technical sales and support related to overhead crane service and inspections in the specialist defined region.
Generate new and/or increase existing service sales and inspection opportunities by creating a professional, yet localized, focused sales plan/initiative to exceed the Teams Goals, by working with the local service branches, as well as the Account Managers. This will require organizing and administering a plan to promote open communications, by all parties, through visits, meetings, phone & digital contact methods.
Responsible for achieving maximum service and inspection sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory and/or market segment by effectively leading with service-related offerings such as, inspections, preventative maintenance, spare parts, new equipment, modernizations, and training to become the territory leader in crane services.
Develop relationships to be able to sell to new prospects; maintains current relationships to sell additional products and services by teaching our customers to think differently about opportunities and risks within their business.
Job Duties Be the Mazzella overhead crane service department’s “Subject Matter Expert” when it comes to service and inspection related sales and marketing efforts for your geographic area Sell and support local Mazzella sales efforts by providing expert, industry-based solutions to their customers individual needs based on your subject matter expertise, related to the application, as it applies to the overhead crane service business Promote Mazzella crane service and inspection offerings and products within an assigned territory by utilizing a consultative sales approach through best practices and use of on-site support including field visits and sales to new and existing customers; recommends product and service enhancements that increase sales and capitalize on margin potential Understand local customer base and seek opportunities to both expand both our existing business, as well as help to create, and execute, a workable strategy to gain market share of new customers through inspection related offerings with the Account Managers Mentor Account Managers to help develop a deeper understanding of Crane Service’s technical sales process, it’s customers and the markets in which they exist Create a structure of local communication protocols to solve customer needs and provide solutions that meet customer requirements in all areas from production to maintenance through an industry expert perspective in an aggressively responsive manner Prepare, tailor, support and present professional proposals that solve challenges and aid in closing business Utilize the Company’s customer relationship management system to maintain complete call records, gather business intelligence and valid customer/account information which supports increased product sales goals and clarity of progress Lead prospecting and sales conversations with Service, Inspection and Training by positioning with industry expert content and solutions and as one of the only true cranes to floor providers through our Sell It All approach Partner with Segment Managers and vertical experts to develop, monitor and achieve segment/vertical targets and goals. Identify customer issues and partners with management to address any customer opportunities or threats Plan, organize, and coordinate with management to qualify leads opportunities, projects, or contract management; provide appropriate and timely follow up and information gathering for all provided and self-generated leads Maintains knowledge of competitive landscape; maintain knowledge of current OSHA and ASME Standards Assist in following up on active repair quotes when required and document the progress Review technical documentation for completing quotes Assist local branch management with customer sales related issue resolution when required Help to resolve all customer issues to their satisfaction. and in the best interest of both the customer, and Mazzella Companies
A high school diploma or GED is required. A military background, Crane Service Training program, a community college degree, or trade school accreditation works as well for this position.
Experience & Skills
- 5 years in a sales or service role or equivalent military experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Willingness to stay educated in the crane industry; as cranes become increasingly sophisticated, need to be increasingly computer literate and technologically savvy.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated, and disciplined with the ability to multi-task
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and planning skills are required
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent math skills and overall PC literacy (Microsoft Office) are required
- Valid driver’s license in good standing that meets company requirements
- Bi-lingual capabilities (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check, physical, drug screen and E-verify