This opening is intended to be a Full time position.
- Efficiently handle customer orders and inquiries by phone, fax and in-person.
- Research and resolve invoice and order discrepancies.
- Understand and practice effective sales techniques.
- Working knowledge of customers in the territory and special programs extended.
- Maintain outstanding order report and transfer incomplete items to new order classifications as necessary.
- Familiar with the organization and practice, sales and credit policies, inventory control methods, installation and general services of Cashman Equipment Company.
- Continually improve product knowledge through regular self-study and attending technical classes. (i.e. Parts Pro)
- Work varying shifts, overtime and on-call as required.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Report any unsafe acts or conditions.
- Deliver Cashman’s “Best Customer Experience” for all internal and external customers on a consistent basis.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Product line knowledge through attending parts seminars or completing the technician development program.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all co-workers, customers and the general public.
- Excellent phone and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of CAT equipment/components/parts.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including ability to utilize company authorized software.
- Assists in achieving customer satisfaction by managing inventory levels, processing back orders and advising of freight alternatives.
- Efficiently assists customers with purchases, returns, information and problems.
- Accurately quotes prices, shipping costs and process customer orders.
- Effectively participates as part of the team, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective service.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma, GED or trade school equivalent.
- Strong verbal and communications skills.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the job function.
- Minimum of two (2) years parts counter or warehouse experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented, work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-4 hours a day. Sit 5-6 hours a day.
- Occasionally lifts 50 - 80 lbs. Must be able to occasionally bend, squat and climb including ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Occasional exposure to shop/warehouse/outside environment.
Valid Nevada State Driver’s License and acceptable driving record.