We have a newly created career opportunity for a
Counter Professional associate
in a successful rapidly expanding Division
***Shift your Automotive Career into gear!!***
They are the main point of contact with our customers and are responsible for fostering strong client relationships.
Parts Authority is one of the fastest growing Supply Chain companies in the Country.
We offer promotable career advancement and job stability-
47years old and GROWING!
Text "Parts" to 97211 to apply
You can apply on our company website career page at:
4 Health Plan options
401K w/ company contribution
Paid Vacation & sick leave
Free Life Insurance
The Counter Associate (Retail) reports directly to the Store Manager and will be responsible for inside sales activity within store. To succeed as an Counter Associate (Retail), you must be able to build and maintain productive, long lasting relationships with existing customers and close sales to achieve goals.
- Build and maintain productive, long lasting relationships with existing customers
- “Get the Sale!” -close sales to achieve goals
- Work with customers in a professional, courteous manner
- Become familiar with customers and their needs
- Locate parts that are difficult to find and negotiate with vendors to ensure the best deal
- Accurately quote parts to customers
- Follow up with customers who have not ordered recently and ensure that customers have purchased quoted parts
- Track lost sales
- Promote company specials
- Assist another counterman when necessary
- Foster and qualify new sales opportunities with new and existing customers
- Fulfill customer orders from installers, fleets, municipalities and car dealerships to sell auto parts, tools, shop equipment and programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in retail counter sales in a highly competitive market; prior success selling retail auto parts particularly in aftermarket industry preferred,
- Exceptional phone skills: positive, enthusiastic and attentive tone to help the customer feel comfortable during the conversation, clear enunciation, exceptional listening skills….leave the Customer Satisfied.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Knowledgeable and Passionate about exceptional customer service and exceeding sales goals
- Ability to build and maintain lasting business relationships
- General automotive knowledge preferred
- Results focused, producer, closer, committed to growth
- Experience with POS system a plus
- Proficient in MS Office applications, specifically MS Word and Excel preferred
- Time management and organizational skills
- Multi-lingual: Spanish and/ or Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) a plus
- Ability to act and operate independently to accomplish objectives
- Position requires an individual with an outgoing and assertive personality to take initiative, be pro-active, be very positive, and have a “can-do / seize-the-day” type attitude, tenacity in pursuit of goals.
We will give preference and top pay to candidates with directly relevant experience
Some of the benefits of being a part of our growing Parts Authority family:
- Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts- Healthcare and Dependent Care
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off- including vacation and sick time
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, or any other legally protected status.