Hexagon Agility is looking for a Cost Analyst to join our Operations Department. The primary duty of the Cost Analyst is to gather operational and financial data, analyze it, and provide reporting to uncover inefficiencies, set product standards, and identify variances in production costs to improve business decisions. This position will provide product portfolio costing to support product pricing, evaluate profitability of product lines and customers, analyze the difference between actual costs and standard costs, and support activity-based cost analysis on specific products/projects.
- Collect and analyze data about a company’s operational costs.
- Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Review standard costs and investigate variances with actual costs to assess impact on profitability and provide information for mitigating actions, including product pricing.
- Estimate product costs for setting standard cost of existing and new products.
- Help management make important decisions based on costs and benefits (e.g., investments, market growth, pricing changes)
- Collect, track, and analyze improvement efforts in support of process or method changes which impact overall cost to produce.
- Analyze costs of processes, labor, inventory, shipping, etc., and prepare periodic cost reconciliation reports tracking data such as changing labor and supply costs.
- Conducts market research, as needed, to recommend changes to pricing or business models.
- Suggest cost-reducing or profitable solutions.
- Prepare detailed reports, both periodically and ad-hoc.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business, or an equivalent amount of education, training, and experience required.
- Minimum of three years of proven experience as a cost analyst, cost specialist or similar role required.
- Experience in data, operational and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of accounting processes and software.
- Strong analytical skills, and great attention to detail.
- A business acumen and communication aptitude.
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office applications.