Combining a full-service network of professionals from field to fork, Idahoan® is a leading manufacturer of value-added products. Its potato processing plants and nationally recognized retail, foodservice and warehouse club brands of products along with its close relationship with its growers, allow Idahoan Foods to deliver superior quality and value to its customers.
The primary responsibility of the Cost Analyst is to ensure proper treatment of all financials associated with plant operations. This includes monitoring/making transactions associated with purchasing, production, inventory, and distribution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Collects, organizes and analyzes data regarding costs of business activity such as raw material, packaging, ingredients, direct labor, and indirect manufacturing costs.
2. Contributes as a superuser of Microsoft Dynamics 365 to ensure the correct processes and transactions occurring in assigned production facility.
3. Performs review of production orders for completeness, accuracy and variance analysis.
4. Supports Operations in analysis for capital investments.
5. Prepares month end accruals and completes general ledger account reconciliations.
6. Reports on daily, weekly and monthly variances.
7. Assists plant management with preparing annual budgets and ad hoc reports.
Alignment with Core Values of the Company
• Respect & Value Our People
• Stay in Front of Challenge While Reducing Costs
• Delight Our Customers
• Food Quality & Safety
Education and/or Experience: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting from an accredited college and three to five years of related work experience is preferred.
Language Skills: The ability to read, comprehend, and compose simple to complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Must possess the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. The ability to conduct professional presentations and respond to questions from managers and senior executives.
Interpersonal Skills: Team player, flexible and accepts changing assignments and accountabilities.
Reasoning Ability: Demonstrates the self-confidence and maturity to make decisions and solve problems with minimal direction. Organized and able to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. Possesses strong analytical, quantitative, communication, problem solving, and technical skills. Has the ability to creatively apply experience and common sense to a variety of situations. Has the ability to manage several projects concurrently.
Computer Skills: Proficient is using Microsoft applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with ERP systems is desirable.
Work Environment: The work environment is a traditional office. Occasional travel between our office and plants will be required.