Job DescriptionSummary Statement:
Applies advanced knowledge of the principles, theories, concepts, industry practices and standards to cost accounting information, which provides detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems. Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities:
Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity in the cost accounting discipline that require judgment and ingenuity. Performs work under general management direction.
Modifies and installs changes to current cost accounting systems that are of moderate complexity.
Plans studies and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, and labor. Analyzes data obtained, records results and reports to management.
Analyzes changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Makes estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
Analyzes actual manufacturing costs and prepares periodic report comparing planned, estimated and/or standard costs to actual production costs. Records cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
Analyzes audits of costs and prepares reports. Compiles cost information to be used in operating budget preparation.
Provides management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
Provides administrative and technical leadership over other Stakeholders in the department. Ancillary Functions and Responsibilities:
Performs other duties as required. These duties may include assignments in job classifications and departments other than the primary assignment. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Formal Education, Training, Professional Certification and Work Experience:
Experience may be substituted for the formal education and training requirements in this section at the discretion of management. Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting, Finance or another appropriate discipline from four-year college or university and three (3) to six (6) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Level of Supervision Required:
The level of supervision required described here is representative of that which must be met by a Stakeholder to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Works under very general supervision. Sound judgment, completeness and accuracy are expected. Communication and Special Skills:
- Communicate effectively using electronic media and in written and verbal forms.
- Make telephone and direct personal contact with internal and external personnel and make formal presentations to small or large groups.
- Competent in the use of standard software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
Special Training and Behavioral Competencies:
The following training requirements and competencies must be met before acceding to this job.
- Safety training applicable to the job and work area.
- Complete the required NORDAM University training for all Stakeholders.
- Comply with The NORDAM Group Leadership Competencies for Stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to assist and transfer technical knowledge to less experienced Stakeholders.
Must be able to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day and five (5) days per week, if required. Additionally, those who work at NORDAM Repair Division must be able to ascend and descend stairs. Demand - Frequency - Weight
- Walk - Frequent - N/A
- Use hands to handle or feel or manipulate - Frequent - N/A
- Reach with hands and arms - Frequent - N/A
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl - Occasional - N/A
- Talk and hear - Frequent - N/A
- Use close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust - Constant - N/A
- Travel between facilities (drive) - Occasional - N/A
- Stand - Occasional - N/A
- Climb stairs - Occasional - N/A
- Lift - Occasional - 25 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the Stakeholder is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.The NORDAM Group LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.