- Responsible for determining actual costs of manufacturing, setting production standards, scrutinizing facility expenses and analyzing company profitability.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to apply knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles & Cost Accounting Standards
- Ability to adapt to new and different computer programs and software to enable efficient data gathering and analysis
- Ability to research, compile, analyze and interpret data
- Must possess good written, verbal communication, collaborative and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to analyze and reconcile complex accounts and reserves
- Must be detail-oriented
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares, analyzes and reports weekly, monthly, and quarterly gross margin analysis for the product segments.*
- Assists in month-end closing; prepares journal entries as necessary.*
- Maintains internal control documentation and tests internal controls.*
- Prepares detailed account analysis and reconciliation schedules for sales, cost of sales, inventory, and liability accounts.*
- Reviews and analyzes inventory and margin reports, conducts research and performs analytical studies regarding cost analyses and profitability.*
- Supports and assists internal department reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules and others.*
- Ensures timely submission, accuracy/validity of inventory and gross margin schedules to management.*Develops cost standards for materials, labor and overhead.*
- Designs and implements cost accounting systems.*
- Analyzes production costs and recommend changes.*
- Assists in the annual physical inventory.*
- Works on special projects as required.*
- Participates in lean activities, including but not limited to:
- Lean training and lean events such as kaizen or a 5-day event.
- 5-S program in the various departments assigned.
- DMAICs. Continuously looks for ways to improve both departments’ and own individual efficiencies and time management, as well as ways to improve any aspect of the Company’s operations, and develops and implements DMAICs accordingly.
- Notifies Manager of any accounting issues, safety, personnel problems, etc. and cooperates in resolving such issues as well. For example, requests assistance when systems prevent the efficient performance of duties or when a system fails.
- Provides Manager with feedback to determine where additional training would benefit, and obtains additional training as necessary.
- Complies with all Company policies (i.e. personnel, safety, etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned. (Such duties may or may not be essential functions of the job.)
* denotes essential job functions.
Work Environment /Physical Demands:
- Works indoors in temperature-controlled environment.
- No significant exertion is required.
- Primarily sits at a desk and works on a computer; however, walks to and from printer and fax machine, other work areas, restroom, etc. as needed.
Monday - Friday.
8 hrs. a day, with overtime as needed.