MP Materials (NYSE: MP) owns and operates Mountain Pass, the only integrated rare earth mining and processing site in North America. Rare earths power the modern economy and are vital for automotive, clean energy, military, and digital technology efforts. MP Materials’ mission is to restore the full rare earth supply chain to the United States.
Reporting to the General Counsel, Corporate Counsel will have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret contracts, documents, and government regulations for MP Materials Corp. and its subsidiary organizations.
- Draft and review contracts, documents, letters, and other items.
- Research, review and analyze laws and government regulations applicable to the business.
- Collaborate with department attorneys and staff.
- Inspire confidence in senior level business clients by consistently providing sound, practical legal advice, and solutions to complex issues in a timely and understandable manner.
- Exhibit a strong work ethic while working efficiently, reliably, and responsively.
- Takes ownership of complex projects in one or more specialized areas of law with minimal supervision utilizing sound and independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates leadership and team-working skills in support of a fast-paced, collaborative environment with many stakeholders.
- Demonstrates confidence in risk-managed decision making and judgment.
- Exhibits utmost professionalism in all settings; is capable of deploying strong advocacy skills in a tactful and effective manner.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- 0-2 years of Legal experience
- Juris Doctor (JD) Degree
- Licensed to practice law in at least one state in the U.S.
- Reside in Las Vegas, Nevada or ability to relocate to Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Produces consistently excellent work product.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to deal effectively with all business contacts, including government agencies, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, internal clients, and external business partners.
- Sound judgment and superior decision-making, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills; ability to meet prescribed deadlines
- Basic proficiency in MS Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Self-motivated and self-directed and able to work without direct supervision on assigned projects and tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous transactional experience.
MP Materials is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer - EEO is The Law
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet the position’s requirements will still be considered qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
Your Right To Work – In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment verification document form upon hire.
For Assistance with Application - Alternative methods of applying for employment are available to individuals unable to submit an application through this site because of a disability. Contact Human Resources Department at 702-625-5679; 6720 Via Austi Parkway, Suite 450, Las Vegas, NV 89119 to discuss reasonable accommodations.