It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they are doing!
- Reporting to General Counsel, the Corporate Counsel will support all functions of the Sundyne business globally in the areas of corporate governance, contracts, compliance, HR/employment matters and litigation for the business.
- Management and oversight of commercial contracts, including support of contracts personnel in review and revision of customer and purchasing agreements, development of customer contract guidelines, and advising management of risks relating to pending contracts.
- Support the channel partner management team by advising on any relevant local laws that may affect the relationships, administering the channel partner policy, oversee ongoing diligence in Sundyne’s screening platform, including red flag resolution and principal vetting.
- Management of corporate compliance programs, including drafting and maintaining policies on antibribery and anticorruption and ethics.
- Support global trade compliance program.
- Assist in corporate governance, including legal entity creation and dissolution, drafting board meeting minutes and resolutions, board communications and scheduling.
- Provide support to the HR Team with guidance on labor and employment matters as well as the implementation of HR initiatives under applicable labor and employment laws.
- Assist in the creation and administering of policies and training initiatives to ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements and Sundyne policies.
- Keep informed of new developments in corporate legal matters and advise General Counsel and Management accordingly.
- Assist with development of legal strategies that will support Company goals.
The successful candidate must have excellent judgment and be able to work independently with little oversight. Other requirements include:
- Experience negotiating complex commercial contracts and related agreements with customers and suppliers, preferably in a manufacturing/industrial business.
- Exposure to or experience in corporate governance and compliance.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability, ability to make decisions efficiently and quickly.
- Ability to understand the business and its requirements.
- JD from ABA-accredited law school, member of a state bar.
- Minimum 4 years as practicing attorney, with at least 2 years of in-house corporate experience.
- This position is not a remote position. The position will be located at the U.S. Corporate Headquarters in Arvada, Colorado.
If you like growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Annual Salary: $115,000.00 - $150,000.00