The Corporate Accounting Manager is responsible for performing various accounting duties, including managing the general ledger, ensuring adherence to generally accepted accounting principles. Develops and maintenance corporate accounting guide and policies/procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to prepare, review, and approve select journal entries and account reconciliations and maintain the global chart of accounts.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions.
- Assist the Assistant Controller with preparing and consolidating corporate financial statements.
- Assist corporate department managers and supervisors with interpreting accounts, records and reports as requested.
- Participate or lead process improvement projects.
- ERP and accounting system implementation.
- Provide necessary inputs for daily/weekly cash forecasts.
- Assist with 401(k) external audit and 5500 financial statement preparation.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Supervise general ledger accounting functions.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- The listed items may not be the only duties performed in this position - there will be other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 6+ years of relevant experience
- CPA, preferred
- Public Accounting experience, preferred
- Extensive knowledge in computer systems including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, electronic scheduling and e-mail, and financial planning software
- Able to deal professionally, courteously, and tactfully with the public and coworkers
- Valid Driver’s License for business travel
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug, physical, and background check