*This position is available for 2nd shift or 3rd Shift.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Must be well organized with a good attention to detail.
- Must be dependable; be able to work independently; understand and respect the delicacy of the products working with; follow instructions exactly; be motivated towards products and process improvement; be able to work closely with other staff members.
- Must be able to handle a pallet jack; and be able to transport up to 50 pounds.
- Computer experience
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Sets up and operates the complete line following various machine set-up instructions. *
- Maintains awareness of all safety requirements. *
- Completes daily preventative maintenance and maintains cleanliness of the equipment. *
- Maintains inventory control of manufactured items and raw materials. Assures adequate material for the daily workload. *
- Works with Management on scheduling of products. *
- Maintains accurate records of material processed and completes all logs related to daily operation. *
- Alerts Management of any variations or problems. *
- Enters materials used into LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System). *
- Participates in lean activities, including but not limited to:
• Lean training and lean events such as kaizen or a 5-day event. *
• 5-S program in department or other areas assigned. *
• DMAICs. Continuously looks for ways to improve both the department’s and own individual efficiencies and time management, as well as ways to improve any aspect of the Company’s operations, and develops and implements DMAICs accordingly. *
- Notifies Supervisors/Managers of any production, equipment, safety, personnel problems, etc., and cooperates in resolving such issues as well. For example, requests assistance when systems prevent the efficient performance of duties or when a system fails. *
- Provides Supervisors/Managers with feedback to determine where additional training would benefit, and obtains additional training as necessary. *
- Assists in other department activities as needed. *
- Floats to and works in other Production areas as needed. *
- Complies with all Company policies (i.e. personnel, safety, etc.). *
- Performs other duties as assigned. (Such duties may or may not be essential functions of the job.) *
* Denotes essential function of the job
Environmental Factors and Mental/Physical Capabilities:
- Works indoors in temperature controlled and humidity controlled environments.
- Requires walking, standing, sitting stooping, bending and transporting up to 50 pounds.
- Requires good judgment, decision making and communication skills, dexterity, and color perception.
- Must be able to read and understand directions.
- Requires mechanical inclination.
Monday - Friday, 3:00 p.m. to 11:15 p.m. (2nd Shift)
Sunday evening - Friday morning, 11:00 p.m. to 7:15 a.m.
8 hrs. a day, with overtime as needed.