Elite Line Services provides world class Maintenance Solutions under the umbrella of our parent company Daifuku, an international leader in the Manufacturing and Integration of Material Handling Equipment including conveyors, sorters, pickers and robotics.
We are looking for experienced Control Systems Technicians to maintain and troubleshoot PLCs on material handling equipment at our Clients Fulfilment Center operations.
- Competitive wages plus a Shift Differential for overnights!
- Comprehensive Benefits that Start on Day 1 including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Assistance, EAP, and Paid Leave!
- Advancement Opportunities!
- Training to work in a Cutting-Edge Fulfillment Center!
- A Safety-First culture!
The Controls Systems Technician is responsible for ensuring that Safety comes first in all efforts. This position will provide proper training to the Technicians on device troubleshooting and preventive maintenance. This position will also be responsible for troubleshooting, design/implement/document control solutions for material handling systems and be on call as needed. This position requires strong project management skills, effective communication skills, be self-directed and have the ability to multi-task and deliver results in a dynamic environment.
- Perform Allen Bradley (AB) PLC control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- Follow change management process and develop ad-hoc PLC ladder code change using Rockwell RSLogix family IDE’s (5000 preferred).
- Familiar with AB PLC processors (CompactLogix and ControlLogix preferred) and input/output modules. Knowledge of other non-AB control systems such as OPTO, Crisplant and Buschman BOSS would be a plus.
- Be responsible for incident follow-up, root cause analysis and documentation.
- Document control system and equipment configuration changes.
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, control components – photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, Servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachometers and encoders.
- PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read and use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules and devices) and communications modules (Ethernet).
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
- Communication between ELS and vendors such as Intelligrated, Cognex, SICK, and Fives.
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance.
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time
- Complete Associates Degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Allen Bradley (AB) PLC Control level issue diagnosis using ladder logic and Control View HMI.
- Ability to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas, including weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- 1 year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, Excel).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree in Electronic Technology (or similar).
- 2+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in Controls System troubleshooting/programming.
- 2+ years of experience with Motor Controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives and standard electrical components.
- 2+ years of experience with repair of control network components.
- 1+ years of experience with HMI components.
- 1+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs
- 1+ years of experience with Industrial electrical hands-on experience and trouble shooting.
- Experience supporting a range of different conveyors and sortation systems.
- Project Management experience with the ability to train others.
- Experience with robotic maintenance.
- Experience with AB RS LOGIX 5000 (Allen Bradley) PLC’s and PLC Components.
- Experience with SCADA systems and KPI’s.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, vendors and customers.
- Self-motivated and customer-centric.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Advanced computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Proficient in installing and downloading programs.
- Troubleshooting a wide range of computer programs.
- Advanced experience in troubleshooting multiple types of computer programs.
- Basic networking experience.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Works in a warehouse that contains moving equipment and machinery.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact [email protected]