Elite Line Services provides world class Maintenance Solutions under the umbrella of our parent company Daifuku, an international leader in the Manufacturing and Integration of Material Handling Equipment including conveyors, sorters, pickers and robotics.
We are looking for an experienced Controls System Lead to maintain, troubleshoot and modify material handling controls systems equipment at our Client's Fulfilment Center operations.
- Competitive wages plus a Shift Differential for overnights!
- Comprehensive Benefits that Start on Day 1 including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Paid Life Insurance, 401k, Tuition Assistance, EAP, and Paid Leave!
- Advancement Opportunities!
- Training to work in a Cutting-Edge Fulfillment Center!
- A Safety-First culture!
A proactive Controls System Lead (CSL) is responsible for support within the fulfillment center operations, focusing on maintaining, troubleshooting and modifying material handling controls systems equipment to ensure operational performance of material handling equipment such as conveyors, sortation systems, scanners, cameras, print and apply systems, and SCADA devices and programs.
- Maintain and troubleshoot software programs for material handling control systems, including PLC/PC controllers, Allen Bradley Controllogix and Compactlogix PLC platform utilizing RSLogix 5000 software package, including Industrial networks such as Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, AS-1, motor control systems, servo drives, frequency drives, and electrical distribution systems.
- Act as first level escalation support for the control systems technician teams. Appropriately escalate downtime situations to vendors or headquarters for support to restore equipment operation.
- Monitor MHE metrics and partner with Controls Technicians and Mechanics to resolve equipment electrical problems that create performance deficiencies. Perform controls systems assessments to maintain and improve equipment reliability.
- Apply subject matter expertise in material handling and electronic systems to maximize building utilization of systems.
- Perform and Utilize FC System Assessments to assess material handling system performance.
- Partner with Facility Operations leadership, equipment vendors and parts suppliers to plan and coordinate new technology installations. Act as the technical consultant for capital projects inside the building.
- Utilize FC network support resources for guidance and assistance, and provide assistance to peers, as needed.
- Communicate technical issues and project timelines with building leadership, operations and the maintenance team. Explain production impacts and work closely with operations and engineering to ensure a thorough understanding of impact to systems.
- Train and develop Controls Systems Technicians on controls systems concepts and procedures.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship across all levels in the organization.
- Ability to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance.
- Completes all safety training as assigned by the Company.
- Compliance with all ELS safety programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform additional duties/assignments that may be required by management from time to time.
- Associates degree or equivalent.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends, nights and/or holidays.
- 1+ years experience modifying Allen Bradley Programming.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience with Motor Controls (motor starts, variable frequency drives, DC drives, and standard electrical components.)
- 5+ years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) programs.
- 3+ years with SCADA systems and KPI’s.
- 3+ years of experience supporting a wide range of conveyors and sortation systems.
- Leadership and project management experience.
- Experience with ASRS systems and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- 1+ years maintaining and troubleshooting robotics systems.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with peers, management, vendors and customers.
- Self-motivated and customer-centric.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to take care of customer needs while following company procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Possess the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Ability to work with people regardless of race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or job type.
- Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Ability to obtain the proper resources to complete job assignment.
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee safety.
- Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to complete assigned training in a timely manner.
- Basic computer knowledge, at an intermediate level in working with Microsoft Windows to include: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to comply with the ELS Drug and Alcohol policy.
- Must be committed to working safely while accomplishing all tasks and promoting a safe work environment at all times.
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Other Physical Requirements:
- Vision (Near, Distance)
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Occasionally push and pull wheeled dollies loaded with products up to 100 pounds during site visits
- Engage in full manual dexterity in both hands and wrists
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Ability to climb ladders and gangways safely and without limitation
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, etc.)
Works in a warehouse that contains moving equipment and machinery.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate
Elite Line Services (ELS) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, gender identity, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact [email protected]
This email address is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process.