** Position Description**
Control Systems & Automation Engineer Location Omaha, NE Job Code SSENG # of Openings 1 Novaspect, Inc, an Emerson Impact Partner and global leader of process systems and solutions, is currently offering an opportunity for a Control System Engineer to join our fast paced, customer oriented project engineering team in our Blair NE location. The successful candidate will assist our Engineering and Sales teams in the development and delivery of process control solutions for our industrial customers***.***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Self-directed contributor.
- Independent technical interface for customer/sales force.
- Defining control system designs and documentation.
- Mentor to Control System Engineers/Technicians on an as needed basis.
- Reviewing control system designs with customer team.
- Implementation of the design into the DeltaV control system.
- Internal and customer witnessed control system testing.
- Process simulation.
- Operator training.
- Process equipment installation and startup.
- Travel to customer facilities.
- B.S. Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Computer, Mechanical, or related Engineering
- 3 - 5 years in the control system engineering field with on-site control system engineering and instrumentation experience preferred
- 2 years of experience in programming and/or system administration on DeltaV or related platform preferred
- Ability to maintain permanent employment in the United States
- Meet project team commitments and deadlines
- Work independently and as part of a customer project team
- Provide excellent oral and written communications
- Participate in on-going learning (latest technologies)
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs (i.e. Workstation and Server Class Computers)
- Ability to work extended hours on a computer
- Ability to work in a loud industrial environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.