Cenero employees are truly empowered to innovate at every level, in every function. We hire high-energy activators, that aren't afraid to leverage their passion and expertise. And we're agile, which means you can make a difference with your career, while learning, growing, and having fun!
A Control Systems Programmer is part of a programming team to write code and commission complex audio-video systems. Responsible for planning, developing, testing, and implementing control system code, audio files, and other equipment-related configurations. In addition, perform in-house testing and on-site commissioning at client locations locally and nationally.
- Develop systems integration programs for Crestron, AMX, and Biamp systems
- Design and develop custom graphical user interface (GUI) on control system touch panels
- Coordinate the creation and integration of A/V control system programs
- Troubleshoot and debug A/V systems
- Peer review code from fellow programmers to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Maintain software project documentation in the company database
- Professionally represent Cenero clients showing empathy, patience, and competence
- Maintain a positive, professional attitude, strong work ethic, and embrace a team-centric environment
- Complete training programs and gain certifications for manufacturers, industry associations, and companies as required
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external contacts for all requirements needed to result in a working system
- Assist in other responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, or begin the vaccination process within two weeks of their employment date.
Experience and/or Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Programming or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three years of Crestron or AMX control system programming experience
- Familiarity with GUI design and graphics applications is required
- Experience with control systems, video-conferencing, switching hardware, audio DSP setup, and calibration.
- A minimum of three years of on-site commissioning experience is required
- Crestron CTI-P301 Completed/Passed
- Simpl+ proficiency is required
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/IP, addressing, firewalls, routers, and VPN.
- Familiarity with Cisco and Polycom video conference codes as well as various Unified Communication platforms.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional project planning and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks as well as changing priorities
- Possess the ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
- Willingness to travel on-site both locally and nationally is required
- Crestron and AMX certifications are preferred
- CTS or CTS-D certification is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Confident decision making
- Excellent planning and problem-solving skills
- Sound technical writing
- Strong written and communication skills
- Ability to professionally communicate with clients in person or through conference
- Outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Confidence under the pressure of deadlines
- Comfortable working in a collaborative team-based environment
- Ability to reading line diagrams, construction requirements, and floor plans.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals such as TCP/UDP, Unicast/Multicast, QOS, subnets, VLAN, IP addressing, firewalls, routers, and VPNs.
- In-depth Knowledge of AV fundamentals and Avixa best practices
- Confident working with and directing sub-contractors
- Must be willing to travel locally and nationally.
- Must be willing to drive and have a valid driver license with no major offenses
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 75 pounds
- Must be willing to climb ladders, scaffolding, and lifts
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard, and talk or hear.
- Required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry-leading healthcare
- Savings and Investments
- PTO awarded at hire
- Opportunities to network and connect
- On-site gym
- Giving Programs
Cenero provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws