Summary of Major Responsibilities
As a valuable member of the Operations Supply Chain and Logistics Team, a Contracts Operations Analyst will support the review and negotiation of contracts, as assigned, in addition to analytical and procedural support to internal and external customers. This role is key to managing contracts in alignment with procurement and business strategies and goals.
An ideal candidate will have had direct responsibility for drafting, review, and negotiation of contracts. The ability to multi-task and pay strong attention to detail in a high-volume, fast paced environment is essential in this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with procurement professionals, legal and functional leaders to draft, review and negotiate a variety of standard form agreements, procurement, and commercial contracts (including but not limited to non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), statements of work (SOWs), service agreements, and supply agreements) with vendors and customers.
- Present and explain contract terms and conditions to procurement and functional business partners.
- Act as a knowledge resource to the procurement and functional business partners in regard to current contracting policies and processes.
- Provide contract management systems super-user skillset to generate reports and analyze data.
- Ability to interpret complex contracts and interface with vendors and third parties on contract issues.
- Partner closely with legal and leadership to ensure proper contracting escalation throughout review process and obtain all other required internal review and approvals for contract terms and provisions.
- Assist in efforts to improve current processes and effectiveness of the operational contracting team.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds for approximately 5% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, or a field related to the essential duties or Associates Degree and 2 years of relevant work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree; or High School Degree/General Education Diploma and 4 years of relevant work experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 years of experience in supply chain, legal, or procurement with direct experience drafting and negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- Strong computer skills to include Internet navigation, Email usage, and word processing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the Essential Duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees and third parties and who also ensures confidentiality and acts with discretion.
- 7 years of contracting experience strongly preferred (e.g., paralegal, contracts manager).
- Biotech or Life science industry experience.
- Knowledge of Conga CLM System
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.