Beitzel Corporation is an Industrial Construction and Service Company with over 40 years of experience in the Energy, Mining, Industrial Construction and Aggregate Industries. Corporate Headquarters is located in Grantsville, MD with several offices throughout the region. Beitzel Corporation offers a positive work environment, competitive wages, additional travel pay, excellent health insurance including: medical, dental and vision, life insurance, 401(k) with a company match, short-term and long-term disability, paid holidays and paid-time off.
Beitzel Corporation is now accepting applications for a Full-Time Contract Manager. The Contract Manager will coordinate with Project Managers throughout the Field Services Division to provide bids, contract management and cost accounting for various Millwright, Concrete, Commercial, Excavation, Service and Industrial Construction projects. The Contract Manager will work closely with Project Managers to support new business development and the fiscal management of projects. This position will report to the Senior Contract Manager and work out of the Corporate Office, located in Grantsville, MD. This position may require some travel to customer sites.
- Interact and coordinate with Project Managers, Purchasing, Compliance, Accounting to provide and assemble efficient and competitive bidding
- Utilize and assist in developing standardized bid methods and unit pricing
- Participate in pre-bid meetings, bid review, project start-up, pre-construction meetings and post construction meetings
- Ensure best practices and ensure that bids are analyzed and assembled in a manner that promotes effective and efficient execution
- Submit bids that are accurate and timely
- Identify and communicate areas of concern and risk to Management and ensure resolution
- Coordinate and secure subcontractor agreements as required
- Coordinate to ensure proper purchasing agreements are negotiated and in-place as required
- Ensure that all anticipated project materials and services have corresponding purchase orders
- Serve as a point of contact for customers on contractual matters
- Administer the change order process to ensure that addition work is recognized, approved, documented and billed
- Maintain contractual records, documentation and correspondence for each project
- Close-out projects upon completion and assist Accounting with final billing
- Secure and enter project cost data accurately and timely, per the established cost-accounting template
- Work with Accounting to ensure cost traceability and to make cost corrections, as required
- Monitor and report project status and bid costs versus actual on a real-time basis
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Accounting, Business Management or related discipline and/or 3 to 5 years of Project Management, Construction Management, Contract Administration or related work experience
- Possess a sound knowledge of the Industrial Construction Industry
- Possess a solid background in Accounting and Purchasing principles
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Power Point
- Must be able to perform multiple assignments; meet deadlines with changing priorities; and balance the needs of multiple projects
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and blueprints
- Proficient in mathematical applications with a detailed and analytical focus
- Ability to communicate, present data clearly and negotiate effectively
- Must be a team player capable of making independent decisions
- Willing and able to work extended hours and overtime to meet business needs, timelines and deadlines
- Maintain and exhibit a customer and safety focus without exception
- Primarily assigned to the office with some on-site presence
- Must be able to sit/stand for long periods of time
- Must adhere and follow all health, safety and environmental standards
Additional Eligibility Qualifications Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license prior to employment. This position requires the completion of a thorough background check including employment and education verification, SSN eVerify, employment references, and pre-employment drug screening. In accordance with our Organization’s Drug and Alcohol policy employees are required to participate in random, post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
AAP/EEO Statement Beitzel Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide opportunities without regard to any protected classes under applicable law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other DutiesThis job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice