Job ID: 456779
Interstate Concrete & Asphalt Co., a CRH company, is a member of the CRH West Division family, values a culture of growth, development, and internal promotion. We are a dynamic, growth-oriented, national aggregate, asphalt, concrete, and construction family of companies. For over 80 years, we have worked to be the preferred source of quality rock products, concrete, asphalt paving, and construction services. We have been recognized by numerous organizations for our commitment to safety, customer service, and innovation.
Whether you’re looking for an opportunity to break into the construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career, our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to grow with an industry leader. In this role, you’ll maintain contracts and bids for heavy civil construction projects of all sizes. As the Contract Administrator, you’ll provide critical administrative support as we work together to build our communities. We work hard, and we have fun doing it!
If you’re an organized administrative professional that thrives in a fast-paced environment, and excited about an opportunity to learn and grow in a booming industry, joining our team could be the start of an exciting career! Limited experience? No worries! We’ll assist with training to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you’ve got the drive, we’ll help you to reach your goals.
- Family Culture – We treat our team like family
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Potential for Overtime
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement Program - We'll assist with continuing education that aligns with your career goals
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Reviews, interprets and prepares construction contracts.
- Coordinates and prepares bid documents in accordance with agency requirements on a timely basis.
- Assigns job numbers. Coordinates and prepares pre-construction contract documents (insurance, bonds, etc.). Finalizes contracts prior to beginning of work.
- Assists Project Managers with negotiation of contract documents for private projects. Coordinates related documents, plans, etc.
- Responds to agency / customer information requests and other inquiries.
- Issues insurance certificates as required and maintains status log of certificates issued. Re-issues certificates annually.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending in-house training and development programs, educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks.
- Issues all bonds (Bid, performance, retention etc.)
- Preparation of monthly billings, including Agency work, private projects and all sub payments and Lien releases.
- Annual renewal of bidder qualifications statements.
- Monthly/quarterly/annual reporting for public agencies.
- Submission of all intents/affidavits and certified payroll.
- Maintains internal and external customer relations.
- Performs other job related responsibilities and special projects as requested.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Observes all safety standards and participates in the Company’s efforts to provide a safe work environment. Keeps work area clean and hazard free. Wears appropriate personal protective equipment – eye protection, hearing protection, hardhat, safety vest, and respirator where required. Recognizes and corrects unsafe work practices and hazardous conditions or reports such conditions to appropriate personnel. Is aware of locations of material safety data sheets (MSDS) and refers to them when necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience working with contract administration, bonds, bidding, or similar field.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to, Excel, Word, Outlook, Teams
- Knowledge of the methods and techniques used in electronic recordkeeping systems.
- Demonstrates good performance, safety and attendance.
- Demonstrates a professional, flexible attitude, ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with management, team members, vendors and internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates proficiency in basic mathematics.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively with all departments and customers on the phone and in person.
- Demonstrated the ability to work in fast-paced environment and within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends as needed.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates organizational and time management skills.
- Must pass pre-employment-controlled substance testing.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
CRH is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.