What you will do
The Continuous Improvement Specialist will assess current state performance, identify gaps, visualize and establish a plan to get to the future state, monitor progress and share/acquire best-in-class ideas and systems. This position will ensure integration and alignment vertically and horizontally of JCMS across the organization. This role is primarily project based.
How you will do it
- Assess the current state of the plant’s operations, develop Future State vision through value stream mapping and drive and monitor the implementation plan.
- Oversee the Continuous Improvement, visual factory and value stream flow principles for JCMS adoption for a plant.
- Coaches and mentors personnel that are in a non-reporting relationship including Plant Staff, Lean Implementers, hourly works and supervision to apply correct approach /DMAIC/JCMS tools for improvement.
- Establish and implement CI cost-out plan and subsequent Forecast goals; Drives team to achieve.
- Ensures Process Owner involvement in operating definition sheets (ODS) development and team leadership.
- Responsible for developing a ‘control’ process to leave completed projects to the qualified personnel to sustain.
- Using standard tracking and reporting systems, will prepare detailed plans, drive project performance, and assure timely completion and achievement of product/process quality and savings goals.
- Collaborate with leadership to develop a plant CI Roadmap, driving breakthrough or Best-in-Class performance that balances resources between internal plant efficiency and external customer-focused effectiveness projects through
- ‘Just DO It’ improvements
- Six Sigma projects
- Lean Implementation projects
- Assists Process Owners in identifying barriers to project success and helps to drive changes when needed.
- Document improvement process learning and shares best practices with other Black Belts.
- Identifies and brings forward to Champion new project opportunities.
- Assist Plant Manager in any strategic initiative that will help in compliance to standards, implementing new systems, and designing creative solutions that will continuously improve the plant.
- Is accountable to deliver the plant annual CI goals. As a Black Belt/Green Belt this role should complete at least 2 BB/GB projects per year.
- Responsible for driving safety performance within the plant to achieve the plant goals and objectives.
- Perform safety observations/inspections as required.
What we look for
- University degree and 1 year suggested minimum experience, or 2 year degree and 6 years suggested minimum experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- This role has demonstrated high-level performance in current and previous positions as well as showing initiative and has the desire to drive change and is motivated to exceed expectations.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt desired
- Demonstrated experience with Lean Manufacturing including leading Kaizen events.
- Has solid leadership skills and able to manage both vertically and horizontally
- Possesses basic statistical knowledge and the ability to apply statistics to product and process improvement projects.
- The person in this role should be proficient with use of computer and software applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Minitab, Microsoft Project, Visio, and AutoCAD experience a plus.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.