As a member of Wright Manufacturing’s Continuous Improvement Team, You will provide assistance in the development and implementation of the Wright Production System (WPS) , fueling continuous improvement in Safety, Quality, Productivity, Cost, and People Development, as well as, champion Lean/WPS thinking and principles throughout the organization.
· Develop and improve tools to visualize the shop floor condition.
· Develop training and perform coaching in the Wright Production System.
· Lead process improvement teams utilizing KATA/PDCA/Project A3 and other lean manufacturing techniques to improve manufacturing quality and productivity. (May be assigned to work with a project department with a specific operational or strategic business improvement need.)
· Perform root cause analysis to improve poor performing processes using 8 step problem solving method while building cross-functional support for any proposed solutions and required assistance from stake-holders and support teams (e.g. fabrication or IT support)
· Develop a mindset of continuous improvement in quality, efficiency, and productivity by utilizing proper line balancing techniques, analyzing sequence of operations, applying theory of constraints, analyzing staffing requirements, development of time standards, improving job tasks, reducing rejects, reducing rework, improving safety and environmental concerns, and reducing costs
· Coordinate resources assigned to projects and ensure timely completion of deliverables throughout all phases.
· Develop productivity and efficiency metrics for production areas (e.g. Assembly lines, Weld lines, Machining stations)
· Facilitate Kaizen and other rapid improvement events.
· Evaluate and provide recommendations on process improvement and control tools to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes and to sustain improved performance.
· Analyze actual production methods using lean manufacturing principles, benchmarks, and forms.
· Assist with the implementation of single-piece-flow work-cells together with production staff to meet daily product demand with minimal staffing requirement.
· Recommend machinery, hand tools, processes, and procedures that help improve product/component quality, reduce lead times, or reduce manpower requirements.
· Apply data gathering techniques, analysis, and documentation.
· Develop and maintain improvement tracking and reporting to quantify contributions to overall company financial and process performance.
· Develop strong comprehension of Wright Manufacturing products and processes in order to provide process expertise for direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
· Disseminate process improvement methodologies and tools throughout the organization via formal and informal training and community of practice leadership.
· Map processes utilizing Material and Information Flow Charts and to visualize and build comprehension of processes as a whole (systems thinking) in order to identify both small and large-scale opportunities for improvement.
· Write SOP's and Job Instructions.
· Audit defined processes and procedures to ensure that they are being followed
· Ensure Human Factors Engineering (Ergonomics) disciplines are utilized in production setup and configuration
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
Successful Continuous Improvement Specialist candidates should have:
· Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or equivalent experience
· Five years of I.E. experience in a manufacturing environment
· Demonstrated proficiency in applying lean manufacturing and continuous improvement in a production environment
· Commitment to excellence and high standards
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Basic competence in required duties and tasks
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
· Ability to manage priorities and workflow
· Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
· Proven leadership and business acumen skills
· Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
· Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
· Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
Additionally, Continuous Improvement Specialist candidates should posses the following competencies:
· Project Management – Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
· Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
· Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
· Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Wright Manufacturing is proud to offer the following benefits:
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Company Paid Life Insurance and long term disability
· Health Savings Accounts/Flexible Spending Accounts/Dependent Care Savings Accounts
· 401(k) with a company match of up to 4% of your contribution with full vesting upon eligibility
· Paid Leaves starting at 120 per year
· 8 PAID Holidays
· Voluntary Short-term Disability and Supplemental Life Insurance
Due to the volume of applications received only those applicants identified for the interview process will be contacted.
All candidates must be eligible to work in the United States and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
We work hard and care deeply. Why? Because quality matters. Our customers depend on our team to build a quality product.
At Wright Manufacturing, Inc. we are “More than just a mower”… Find out why at www.wrightmfg.com
WMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.