About Us: Gore is a materials science company focused on improving lives through discovery, product innovation and rewarding careers for our Associates.
About the Industry: Gore products help control emissions, optimize processes, and deliver long-term value across manufacturing types. Learn more at gore.com/products/industries
About the Role: We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join our team in Elkton, Maryland. In this role, you will drive manufacturing, supply chain and business process improvements.
- Drive and execute Continuous Improvement (CI) activities in alignment with the Business, Technical, and Operation Strategies across the region
- Provide practical, hands-on leadership of project teams in the Eastern Cluster, and globally where required
- Partner with functional leadership on the identification and execution of supply chain improvement projects
- Drive cross functional improvement projects with specific teams, processes, and projects
- Build capability within Supply Chain; coach & mentor associates in Continuous Improvement methodologies, deliver training & support improvement efforts
- Execute critical manufacturing and supply-chain assessments and improvements to ensure optimum process designs are in place
- Implement lean activities in support of manufacturing and supply chain teams
- Contribute to project metrics tracking/accountability process for the Supply Chain and CI Leadership team
- Bachelor's degree with an supply chain, operations, engineering, science, or business focus
- Minimum of 5 years experience implementing Continuous Improvement, Lean, and/or Six-Sigma frameworks
- Demonstrated expertise with a wide range of Continuous Improvement concepts and tools (Lean concepts, Six Sigma concepts, E2E Supply Chain Optimization, Production systems, Kaizen events, Scrum/Agile) within a supply chain environment
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving and ability to lead cross functional projects
- Track record of effective partnership with functional teams to deliver results
- Strong influencing and change management skills across facilities, functions, businesses to navigate multiple teams through significant change
- Strong facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and work hands on to apply knowledge tactically
- Ability to coach, mentor and teach others the value of CI frameworks, behaviors & tools to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Six-Sigma Black Belt experience and certification (or Lean equivalent)
- Experience in the electronics or auto industry
- Strong data and financial analysis skills; prior portfolio management experience
This position requires access to information or items that are export controlled under U.S. law. The successful candidate will be a “U.S. person” (meaning a person who is a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States or an asylee or refugee protected by U.S. law) or any offer will be conditioned upon Gore obtaining export control authorization for the candidate under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), as required by the position.
What We Offer: At Gore, we offer comprehensive, competitive rewards in the form of compensation and benefits. Among these are work-life balance and sports programs, 401(k) Plan with a gift, Associate Stock Ownership Plan, health & well-being program with full health plan, and a flexible working program. Within Gore, you will find a unique culture, diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and opportunities for growth and development. Learn more at gore.com/careers
We believe in the strength of a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment. In support of our values and continued success we are proud of Associates around the world who support an inclusive work environment, strive to reflect the diversity of the communities where we operate, and ensure all Associates and external partners are treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Gore is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening.
Gore requires all applicants to be eligible to work within the U.S. Gore generally will not sponsor visas unless otherwise noted on the position description.
Gore is a M/F, Disabled and Vet EEO/AA employer. (Applies to all positions in the U.S.)