PRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- CI roadmap and implementation management – Ownership and drives site assessments, roadmap and project plan implementation through Key Performance Indicators; including but not limited to turn time, quality, productivity, revenue, profitability
- CI standards and best practice sharing – Establish, train and implement CI standards across the site including but not limited to 5S, KPI’s, gemba boards, kaizen, value stream mapping, problem solving and other best practice sharing
- Rate Readiness – Establishes frameworks to ensure manpower planning, capacity management, SIOP, Equipment readiness, material availability and internal scheduling and cooperation are in place to meet customer demands across all locations
- Team Capability – Reviews individual performance for all staff to drive pay for performance relative to business expectations, with formulation of top grading plans, top talent development, succession and retention plans
- Project management and technology Deployment – Actively support capital investment and process investment for the determination and implementation of investments for process improvement, reliability improvement and automation for productivity
- Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly site communication to drive business metrics and project plans. Support quarterly operating reviews. Supports board meetings and internal ELT meetings.
- Customer Facing. Work to communicate VST business advantages, showcase operating excellence and turn time to drive customer satisfaction and growth
- Models all relevant VST behaviors and values, works to assure that all efforts are in accordance with policies and procedures. Drives accountability. Works to effectively partner across the business and focus on development of internal / external collaboration.
KEY OBJECTIVES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual financial and operating KPI’s, including but not limited to: safety, quality, revenue, profit, TAT, OTD, productivity.
- Develop and implement site lean roadmap for business with focus on 5S and value stream improvements
- Achieve CI roadmap and project plan timelines
- Assess team and make / implement recommendations for topgrading, organizational changes and driving culture / accountability
- Drive rate readiness actions and communicate with key stakeholders and customers
- Drive specific investment plans for site capability to support revenue growth
- Drive technology roadmap for automation and maintenance improvement.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND COMPETENCIES
- Undergraduate degree. Experience with factory operations, continuous improvement and program / project management. Engineering emphasis preferred.
- At minimum, 3-5 years of successful manufacturing operations
- Familiar with technical requirements in a manufacturing environment (aerospace, defense, medical, other)
- Competency with Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook and other Net based meeting and file sharing programs
- Provides a professional face to the leadership team through in person, verbal and written communication
- Ability to anticipate and plan for needs of fast paced, virtual leaders
- Hands on and approachable leadership style
- Behavior and experience demonstrated with results for:
- Leadership style supportive of team and group communication and relationships with peers and customers
- Superior verbal and written presentation skills; ability to read, write and speak other languages a plus
- Leadership by example via energy level, diligence, aggressiveness, and overall work ethic
- Ability to work within a high velocity, autonomous and demanding business culture
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and business ethics and conduct
- High ethical standards. Models and supports the organization’s goals and values; adapts to changing conditions; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean principles, change management and improvement strategies such as Value Stream Mapping, Just-In-Time, Demand Flow, Single Piece Flow, 5S, Visual Factory Management, Total Productive Maintenance, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, SPC, Six Sigma and Communication Tools, and Statistical Problem Solving. Visio skills a plus
- Excellent coaching, development and communication skills to lead and support empowered employees in a team environment. Requires the ability to organize and influence functions not under his/her direct control as well as within a matrix reporting structure.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions. Works well in team-based problem solving situations. Presents ideas and information in a manner that commands others' trust and credibility. Displays a willingness to make difficult decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions, and includes the appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Ability to communicate effectively across mediums, audiences, and situations. Builds bridges and connections. Is easy to approach and talk to. Is a good listener. Relates well to all people throughout the organization. Is widely trusted and perceived as a direct, truthful individual. Keeps confidences and admits mistakes. Follows through on commitments. Honest and candid.
- Sufficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio, Project, Access, and other applicable tools to be able to analyze and present data and information consistent with the requirements of the position.