Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you’ve come to the right place!
This position is responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating, and managing onsite construction technology activities for area and regional operations to ensure operational effectiveness.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Supports opportunities for innovation and technology adoption in the field to ensure operation goals are being achieved.
- Align technology roadmaps in partnership with the Information Technology (IT) department and field operations to ensure the technology is functioning well.
- Coordinate field-based technology capabilities across operations to ensure a valid understanding of our capabilities and processes.
- Provide technical support and adoption of technology with construction and materials operations to ensure the project objectives are achieved.
- Develop, implement, and administer engineering technology procedures and other work controlling documents to ensure clarification of process and best practices.
- Train field in new technologies and assist with project proposals to ensure expediting owner acceptance and implementation.
- Coordinate technology resource needs to ensure budgetary goals are met.
- Implement best practices across field construction operations to improve Company performance.
- Identify new technologies for evaluation by the Construction and Material teams to ensure the responsibilities are to present the justification for implementation from a financial, safety and quality perspective are met.
- High School Diploma or equivalency
- Lean Practitioner and CI BB are preferred, but will be required within first 24 months of acceptance of the role
- Minimum 2+ years of construction operations experience with a focus on field technology applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency with all MS Office Products, AGTEK Take-off, HCSS, Heavy Bids, and Primavera Scheduling Software
- Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology, codes, standards, plus an understanding of materials, ESG, and other functional roles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus demonstrated ability to manage projects through varied disciplines
- Passion for technology and technology adoption
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please click here.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening. Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place. Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.