NVR has been helping families build their happily ever after since 1948. As a Top 5 US homebuilder, we’re committed to quality and to our customers and we take pride the nearly 510,000 new homes we have sold and built across the country. Working in the homebuilding industry is tangible and rewarding, but not every job at NVR requires a hard hat. We don’t just sell and build new homes; we also manage teams, acquire land, manufacture materials, provide mortgages to our customers, and provide corporate support to NVR’s multi-billion dollar business operations.
NVR is looking for intelligent, highly motivated, positive, results-oriented employees to join our Thurmont, MD, Manufacturing Plant. You will be a part of an energetic culture where we thrive on teamwork, collaboration, and innovative ideas. If you love working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of responsibility, this is the position for you. NVR is a growing company with significant opportunities for career growth, advancement, and mobility.
As a Construction Quality Representative in our facility in Thurmont, MD you will be responsible for providing technical assistance and research for resolving product or service quality issues, both at the plant and in the field. A Construction Quality Representative will also conduct studies and provide analyses to measure the level of quality and service while recommending and implementing plans and actions aimed at improvements. The Construction Quality Representative will contribute to delivering the Brand Promise.
Essential Job Functions:
• Systematically and proactively develop, maintain, coordinate and implement systems and procedures to expand upon and improve our quality assurance program.
• Maintain and develop reports to measure our quality and service levels, while providing analyses and action plans to improve our performance.
• Conduct audits, research studies, etc. both in the plant and in the field.
• Integrate shop floor personnel and quality team member’s efforts to understand our customers’ quality expectations. Upgrade and perfect our quality standards in all departments as needed.
• Troubleshoot the products that are supplied and perform all necessary steps to correct problems.
• Field all questions and issues of customers in a timely and proficient manner.
• Coordinate and manage special projects as directed.
• Ability to develop relationships and engage with internal customers to understand and address their needs.
• Demonstrated ability in creating best-in-class customer service experience.
• Results driven with the ability to work under pressure, navigate through ambiguity, and balance multiple priorities.
• Must possess organizational, planning, time-management skills and communicate effectively.
•Demonstrate ability to analyze problems, determine solutions, and drive results to produce desired outcome.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
• Knowledge of technical aspects of residential construction a plus.
• Ability to read construction blue prints.
• Ability to work adjusted hours and travel to job sites on a regular basis.
Life at NVR
At NVR, your desire to excel is matched by our commitment to your success and we’ll give you the tools and industry knowledge you need. Our management team is tenured and talented, nearly 80% of them promoted from within, so you’ll find mentors who can share their knowledge, provide career guidance and encourage your success.
NVR also offers benefits among the best in the industry that reflect the strong commitment we have to all of our employees.
In addition to the traditional benefits, we offer all our employees stock ownership through a profit sharing trust as part of our retirement savings package. NVR has had the highest Earnings Per Share growth rate in the homebuilding industry for the past 10 years, so as we grow financially, so do you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug Testing and Credit Check are required.
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the United States, as NVR does not provide visa sponsorships.