Take your next step with Saulsbury Industries!
Construction Project Manager
Location: Upper Midwest, Central US Projects
Type: Full time
General Information/Job Summary
Manage assigned construction projects or support current projects to ensure a safe, profitable, well-built project that is completed in accordance with all applicable codes, standards client/owner requirements, all company business practices, project cost estimates and the project schedule.
- Assume overall responsibility for project execution for assigned projects
- Review project proposal and pertinent documents with project team and VP of Operations
- Determine the most cost-effective construction methods and use of personnel, material, equipment and subcontractors
- Review and approve subcontractor selections and invoicing
- Coordinate construction activities with the owner, subcontractors and Company personnel
- Promote, enforce, and establish safety as a priority as part of the Company’s management philosophy
- Manage project staff, including assigned support staff, superintendents, project general foreman, and assistants
- Ensure that management is accurately and fully informed of project costs and compared to budgets through weekly labor and monthly budget reports
- Coordinate and provide direction for the budget estimating, purchasing, engineering, accounting, cost, and construction functions as they relate to the completion of the project.
- Initiate, establish and maintain working relationships with owner, engineers, suppliers, and subcontractors to facilitate construction activities
- Organize, conduct and represent the company at project coordination meetings at regular agreed upon intervals.
- Review and approve subcontractor, vendor payment applications and miscellaneous invoices
- Negotiate, prepare, issue and execute proposed change orders to owners, design team, subcontractors and others. Prepare budget revisions resulting from scope/work changes
- Ensure timely and accurate billings and accounts receivables.
- Ensure timely project completion through project scheduling, expediting of material deliveries and the management of material and document submittals/approvals.
- Lead and participate in regularly schedule project staff meetings
- Manage Closeout process for assigned projects
- Enforce and adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices
- Actively participates on internal teams focused on achieving continuous improvement
- Five (5) years or more managing large mechanical/piping/structural construction projects
- Demonstrated success in the management of these construction projects
- Thorough working knowledge of all project’s plans, specifications, contract interpretation to include client/owner and subcontracts, purchase orders, daily correspondence, drawings, submittals and all other project related documents
- Develop and maintain a complete and accurate set of as-built drawings
- Extended travel to project locations will be required
- Demonstrated record of success in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under pressure, coordinate multiple priorities and manage teams
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Professional with a strong personal commitment to ethical business practices
- Estimation experience on large, industrial construction projects is preferred