Construction Project Manager - Baltimore, MD
Assists in planning and coordination of designated projects using safety guidelines to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within scheduled timeframes and established budget. Conducts all work in accordance with Allan Myers policies, procedures and programs.
- Develops an effective plan in cooperation with the Superintendent and/or Project Team for constructing the project and determines the means and methods necessary, including individual work activities, to meet project goals. Creates plan for delay free work operations.
- Communicates the planned means and methods to appropriate parties associated with the project to ensure understanding of goals and responsibilities.
- Ensures construction employed will maximize production, ensure quality, minimize costs and promote safety; monitors and interprets crew cost reports and crew cost factors.
- Monitors work to ensure that means and methods are followed and are effective; makes and communicates changes in means and methods, if necessary, to ensure project success and milestone completion.
- Ensures that all means and methods will be in compliance with all local, state and federal regulations and with client contract. May submit information regarding means and methods to owner when required by contract.
- Maintains excellent customer satisfaction levels at all times through timely response to client concerns.
- Ensures that all work performed and products/materials used meet the Allan Myers standard of workmanship and comply with contractual standards and specifications.
- Manages punch list and closeout process to ensure that nonconforming work is corrected and resolved to the satisfaction of all parties. Monitors and tracks all costs for rework.
- Facilitates appropriate inspections and testing to ensure that the project is constructed to the quality requirements of contract documents and meets or exceeds governmental regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that all closeout documents, warranties and extra stock are submitted to owner in accordance with the contract.
- Implements and monitors the Allan Myers Safety Program including the coordination of project activities to ensure compliance with all government regulatory guidelines and agencies. Directly responsible for subcontractor compliance to Allan Myers Safety Program
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, related major, or equivalent. Continuing education in construction is highly desirable
- Minimum of 5 years of construction experience, with at least one year construction supervisory experience preferred
- FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) or PE (Professional Engineer) certification desirable
- OSHA 30 hour certification required
- Valid driver’s license required
Our Company Does Work That Matters
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction and materials production contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build infrastructure: the highways and bridges that connect cities and towns, the public water and wastewater systems that provide clean water to your home and keep our streams clean. We take pride in meeting the highest quality standards because it ensures our work will have a long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Our Family is Strong and Growing
We employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for “Better, Faster, Safe” performance continues to bring us tremendous success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American Dream for you and your family.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the industry because we treat every person as a family member. That means we practice care and concern for one another’s safety and well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive, we will help you build a career in the thriving construction industry and reach your full potential.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.