In a world of possibilities, pursue one with endless opportunities. Imagine Next!
When it comes to what you want in your career, if you can imagine it, you can do it at Parsons. Imagine a career working with intelligent, diverse people sharing a common quest. Imagine a workplace where you can be yourself. Where you can thrive. Where you can find your next, right now. We’ve got what you’re looking for.
Can you build strong teams? Ready to take your construction experience to the next level to work on complex problems that will have a huge impact on the local community and be part of a project that will make history? Parsons is now hiring a Construction Manager who can lead a team of professionals.
Parsons’ extensive experience in this field, combined with your proven knowledge of construction policy and procedures, will propel your career forward with opportunity for advancement with top performance. We need our Construction Managers to be versatile, experienced leading teams and who have exceptional communication, analytical and management skills. In this role you will be responsible for bringing together a multidiscipline team of individuals whose qualifications and experience meet the expertise required to accomplish the assigned construction management tasks.
- The Construction Manager will work on behalf of Parsons and the client with responsibilities including: Acts as the representative of Parsons with the client, subcontractors and suppliers during the project execution. Represents the client in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings.
- Oversees establishment of the Construction Management Plan, Site Specific Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Inspection – The selected candidate will have experience in and will be expected to supervise inspectors on assigned projects.
- Procurement - Prepare purchase requisitions and procure items necessary for the operation of the field office.
- Establish procedures for the administration of all field vehicles and equipment; maintain necessary status logs and reports.
- Supervise the work of subcontractors.
- Coordinates the drafting of requisitions, subcontract scopes of work, amendments, and task orders.
- Review and approve subcontractor safety plans and quality control plans.
- Ensure the subcontract files are maintained with current insurance certificates and correspondence. Monitor subcontractor expenses versus budget. Prepare draft amendments.
- Ensure the prime contract file is maintained current with insurance certificates and correspondence.
- Prepares and negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
- Works to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work; advises the client and company management of any such changes.
- The Construction Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Cost Engineering - Supervise the preparation of the client's monthly construction progress report and the client's contract status report.
- Prepare WBS, budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare monthly safety self assessment.
- Accounting - Supervise development of the monthly Parsons invoices; review for accuracy. Review and approve subcontractor invoices.
- Prepare quarterly construction management reports and coordinate meetings.
- Quality - Establish the QA/QC Plan including development of the inspection & test plan.
- Supervise setup and accreditation of the onsite materials testing laboratory.
- Safety - Establish safety and emergency procedures. Inspect the construction site weekly with the contractor's safety representative.
- Active TS/SCI w. Polygraph
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or a construction related field
- 5+ years of construction management experience with related projects
- Prior experience in overseeing and managing the construction of major capital improvement projects
Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Top Secret SCI w/Polygraph
This position is part of our Federal Solutions team.
Our Federal Solutions segment delivers resources to our US government customers that ensure the success of missions around the globe. Our diverse, intelligent employees drive the state of the art as they provide services and solutions in the areas of defense, security, intelligence, infrastructure, and environmental. We promote a culture of excellence and close-knit teams that take pride in delivering, protecting, and sustaining our nation's most critical assets, from Earth to cyberspace. Throughout the company, our people are anticipating what’s next to deliver the solutions our customers need now.
$110,600.00 - $199,100.00
We value our employees and want our employees to take care of their overall wellbeing, which is why we offer best-in-class benefits such as medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), 401(k), life insurance, flexible work schedules, and holidays to fit your busy lifestyle!
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by customer requirements and some cases federal, state, provincial or local mandates.
Parsons is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the workplace. Diversity is ingrained in who we are, how we do business, and is one of our company’s core values. Parsons equally employs representation at all job levels for minority, female, disabled, protected veteran and LGBTQ+.
We truly invest and care about our employee’s wellbeing and provide endless growth opportunities as the sky is the limit, so aim for the stars! Imagine next and join the Parsons quest—APPLY TODAY!