Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Construction Estimator position is a full-time position responsible for interacting with various departments at Morton Buildings to organize and develop material documentation for basic design projects.
This position primarily involves post sale work. Please reference the Responsibilities section of this posting. This position does not involve pre-sale work with sales consultants and/or customers.
Remote work options available.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Verifies building plans and details are accurate through interactions with drafting technicians, sales consultants, and construction personnel.
- Assembles material take-offs based on building plans.
- Prepares construction plan specs for the build crews to ensure an efficient construction process.
- Reviews pricing on building orders based on material take-off.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 2 year construction management related degree
- Experience with AutoCAD is preferred
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent follow through
- Self-starter with positive, willing to learn attitude
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program which makes you an owner of the company
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.