Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Parsons is seeking a sharp Configuration Specialist to join our growing Mission Solutions team. We have emerged as a leader in the development of cutting-edge solutions for the Department of Defense and Intelligence Community. Our success will always be attributed to our people and our priorities. We hire the best, we make them a priority and we never lose focus on the mission. It’s why we’re here.
In this Configuration Specialist role you will directly support the US Space Force’s Space and Missile Center (SMC) Enterprise Ground Service (EGS) SATOPS, Prototyping, and Integration (SPI) program and its goal to deploy a universal command and control architecture aimed at eliminating restrictions by continuously delivering enterprise tactical command and control services and applications that will fully enable today’s modern warfighter. You be part of a team of configuration managers and analysts that are responsible for handling the day to day configuration documentation, changes and audits across EGS’ environments. As part of the SPI configuration management team, this position will provide support across numerous product teams in terms of understanding and documenting the product.
This role will align under the EGS Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Enterprise Architecture and the Program Management Office as outlined below.
- Implementation of hardware, software and system configuration management principles in sustainment and development environments
- Conduct/Attend Change Management activities (i.e., CCB, ERB, etc.)
- License tracking and Hardware management activities
- Establish configuration management plans in accordance with established procedures and contractual requirements
- Maintain/support SW/HW BOM’s with an emphasis on renewals before expiration.
- Support the establishment of workflows.
- Support the release of drawings, software builds, and changes specified by Engineering Team
- Analyze proposed product design changes to determine their effect on the overall system
- Perform regular configuration audits on established operational baselines.
- Prepare for, conduct and/or support major audits such as Physical Configuration Audits (PCAs) and Functional Configuration Audits (FCAs).
- Support development /sustainment of paper and automated archival systems of all covered documentation.
- Provide Data Management and of system documentation deliverables including specifications, software baseline documents, briefings, minutes, and other documents utilizing all Microsoft Office Applications
- 10+ years of relevant experience and BA/BS OR 14+ years of relevant experience and AA/AS, with wiggle room
- No clearance required to start, but must be willing and able to obtain and/or maintain up to a Top Secret/SCI DoD security clearance.
- Experience with reading/learning technical documentation and drawings
- Experience with configuration management processes for hardware and software
- Bachelors degree in a relevant field
- Knowledge of EIA-649B and MIL-STD-973 Configuration Management Principles as they apply to both Hardware and Software
- Understanding of DoD-STD-963 "Data Item Descriptions" and DD Form 1423's including formatting requirements included therein
- Reading and understanding Contract Statements of Work and Performance Work Statements
- Experience with ISO and CMMI
This position pays a minimum annual salary of $56,900.00 and a maximum annual salary of $99,600.00.
Benefits for this position include: medical, dental, vision, paid time off, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) and 401K.
The position may require a COVID vaccination or an approved accommodation/exemption for a disability/medical condition or religious belief as required by federal, state, provincial or local mandates or customer requirements.