United States of America
HCO03: Mission Systems (Ejec Seating) 1225 Aeroplaza Drive , Colorado Springs, CO, 80916 USA
This Configuration Management (CM) Analyst position will require the following skills and knowledge along with interpersonal relations skills that promote the value and contributions of the CM team to both our internal and external customer community while achieving and adhering to company policies, procedures and methods. This position will require the ability to efficiently work in a high pressure environment where critical priorities are normal and to assist our internal customers to provide a high quality product ensuring the integrity of our engineering documentation to our product.
- Coordinate changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
- May review and analyze released engineering change data and collect metrics.
- Manages the engineering document change process by facilitating approval documentation and participation in or chairing the change control board.
- Responsible for generating program specific configuration management plans that tailor existing procedures for implementation of contractual requirements.
- Normally receives detailed instruction on all work. Work is closely supervised.
- Builds stable working relationships internally. Contacts are primarily immediate supervisor, and other personnel in group or department.
- Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity. Follows established policies and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained. Contributions are usually policies, programs, capabilities and limited to task-related activities. Errors do not typically have a major effect on the organization.
- Limited use and/or application of basic functional or technical principles, theories, and concepts. Virtually self-supervisory. Limited knowledge of industry practices and standards. Learns to use professional concepts.
- Provide acceptable solutions for complex engineering documentation issues.
- Track and monitor Change Order (CO) activity through release/implementation (SharePoint, SAP, Teamcenter & Enovia PDM).
- Knowledge of engineering drawings, BOMs and documents and Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Support Sr. CM analyst to prepare audit plan, checklist & FCA/PCA document preparation and take part in FCA/PCA activities.
- Understand and the ability to review and determine if COs being proposed to engineering documentation support industry CM and company practices for Class I/Major and Class II/Minor.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to negotiate resolution of issues and work in a high pressure environment.
- Ability to ensure that commitments and priorities are achieved and maintain required metrics.
- Knowledge of CM fundamentals such as configuration records, status accounting, as-built records, change control.
- Must exhibit ethical standards in all aspects of operations including integrity of engineering documentation and in the performance of CM policies, procedures and methods.
- Bachelor’s degree and less than 2 years prior relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Engineering/Other Technical Positions: Bachelor’s degree (typically in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)) and less than 2 years of prior relevant experience unless prohibited by local laws/regulations
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Experience with PDM Systems, preferably Enovia, ERP Systems, preferably SAP and knowledge/application of JIRA.
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Cooperation - Understands the value of cooperating with coworkers.
- Customer Service Orientation - Knowledgeable regarding the process of interacting with customers to provide positive experience and issue resolution.
- Dependability - Understands Rockwell Collins' basic rules, policies, and procedures.
- Drive - Understands the value of approaching work with enthusiasm.
- Listening - Understands fundamental communication styles and techniques.
- Negotiating - Understands the importance of reaching mutually satisfying decisions when collaborating with others.
- Planning - Communicates a strategy for the team or department.
- Relationships - Understands the importance of remaining compassionate and empathetic when dealing with the problems of others.
- Must demonstrate on a continues basis exceptional high quality of work and product
- Must be customer focused meeting customer expectations while ensuring compliance to company policies, procedures and methods.
- Have solid listening and negotiating skills providing customers with a value that promotes solutions while achieving requirements
- Utilize strategic planning and experience to anticipate potential challenges and obstacles
- Understanding of engineering dimensioning, tolerance, and drawing requirements preferred
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office applications and electronic configuration management systems.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
The salary range for this role is $48,000.00 to $89,000.00; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms