Electric Boat Corporation is seeking a computer/software engineer to join our interdisciplinary engineering team to advance the development and upgrade of shipboard systems including electric and propulsion plant, as well as Hull, Mechanical & Electrical (HM&E) systems. The successful candidate will have a blend of expertise in software and computer engineering, real-time operating systems, simulation and stimulation environments, and hardware/software design, development, integration, and test to perform the following tasks:
- Define requirements, design, and develop application software for shipboard systems
- Define requirements, design, and develop test platforms and simulation, stimulation and modeling and emulation software, including electric and steam plant modeling
- Enhance existing software to fix defects, support new or changing hardware/requirements, or enhance features and performance
- Analyze requirements, develop test plans, schedules, and procedures for software testing; conduct tests and produce test reports.Our team members exemplify Electric Boat’s core values: Value each other; Behave with integrity and purpose; Commit to excellence.
Electric Boat offers Flexible Work Arrangements that allows some work to be performed remotely and at home. This varies from position to position based on the amount of classified material the department interacts with, as well as a few other variables. Please ask for more details on how it applies to this opening during discussions with the department
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technical degree
- 4 to 9 years of experience is required relevant to this job description.
- Experience in simulation modeling applications and development
- Experience in requirements analysis and hardware/software design, software code and unit test, hardware/software integration, and software test
- Experience with C++, Java, Microsoft .Net Framework application development
- Experience with 3KEYMASTER Simulation Platform
- Experience with MATLAB/Simulink Modeling
- Experience with real-time operating systems, LabVIEW, relational and object-oriented databases
- Experience with Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server/Azure, GIT
- US Navy, DoD contractor, or similar complexity experience
- High motivation and able to perform independently as well as interact with other groups and organizations in an engineering environment
- Possesses the ability to master the complex technical elements of submarine systems and components
- Strong technical writing skills including the ability to write and analyze software requirements
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
Unique/Additional RequirementsCandidate must be a United States citizen and able to obtain and maintain a United States DoD security clearance.