As posted by the hiring company
- Composite Development
- Develop tooling and CAD concepts for composite products.
- Develop layups and construction techniques for product concepts
- Prototype composite parts using multiple techniques.
- Develop test methods and iterate on product concepts
- Prepare drawings for product concepts
- Preparation of possible solutions along with decision matrix to assist in choosing technical direction
- Mechanical Engineering and Innovation
- Validate new designs and technologies through lab and user testing
- Perform product lab testing in conjunction with product QC or Certification
- Design and construct in-house equipment to test products and product concepts
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to create new ideas
- Prepare presentations and slides to communicate ideas
- Reports directly to Engineering Manager
- Other duties assigned
- Working toward a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Composite Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineer, or a related major, at a college or university level.
- Composite Layup Skills (Hand Layup, Resin Infusion, RTM)
- Basic 3D CAD & Drafting Skills.
- Experience building custom test fixtures and equipment in a hands on environment
- Fast learner and someone that takes the initiative
- An active participant on a team or in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge/Skills of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong Project Management/Organizational Skills
- Sports equipment background, interest, and experience a huge plus
- All applicants must be based in and/or able to commute to Baltimore, MD