This opportunity is intended to be a full time position.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and managing of all Component RBOMs and Standard Jobs for the CRC and Specialization Shops in all locations.
- Assist in developing and maintaining Component Rebuild Solutions to include Caterpillar certified repair options and guidelines.
- Develop, manage, and implement standard pricing templates.
- Utilize Caterpillar and other related software to build and maintain repair options.
- Monitor component rebuilds in-process and track compliance to the established standard repair option.
- Prepare timely and effective solutions that are competitive in the industry and result in appropriate gross profit for the company.
- Review component repair and return quotes for parts accuracy.
- Creator of the first CRC draft of assembly guidelines for new components entering our shop/territory.
- Work effectively with Technical Services Division and implement recommended solutions to improve component reliability.
- Develop, manage, and implement parts vidmars for all component rebuild solutions.
- Forecast appropriate parts usages to achieve component forecasting KPIs.
- Develop, manage, and implement effective metrics that meet or exceed KPIs for component rebuild times, costs, variances, parts availability, and other expenses.
- Assist in building repair options and standard jobs for the Equipment Solutions and Project Management Divisions.
- Communicate effectively with assigned Service and Parts Department representatives.
- Support Technical Services activities and functions that may be needed from time to time.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Product knowledge of CAT parts, components, equipment and services offered by Cashman Equipment and competitors.
- Must have sufficient mechanic knowledge to understand repair opportunities and to express these opportunities to the appropriate area within Cashman.
- Skills required in repairing, and reconditioning CAT machines.
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all co-workers, customers, and the general public and to use good judgment to recognize authority's scope.
- Proficient computer technology skills, including the ability to utilize company authorized software including Excel, Word, Access, and Outlook.
- Must be willing to learn about products sold and services and other departmental functions and procedures.
- Excellent phone and customer skills.
- Knowledge of standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to organize and manage large quantities of data with consistency and accuracy.
- Effectively participates as part of teams, assisting where appropriate and requesting assistance when needed.
- Achieves customer focus by delivering high quality, cost effective services.
- Enable Cashman to achieve its objective of Safely Home. Everyone. Every Day.™ by promoting a positive safety culture and adhering to all company safety policies, procedures and practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or trade school equivalent.
- Prefer a technical trade school diploma or 2-year Associates degree or 4-year BA/BS degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in service and/or administration in a related field or equivalent technical background.
- Service or parts experience at Cashman, or another Caterpillar dealer preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in service and warranty (service and parts manuals, technical bulletins and other related articles).
- Ability to read and understand materials commonly used in the job function.
- Proficient in English, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and math skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor consistent with position and responsibilities.
- Self-motivated and detail oriented with the ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Stand/walk 1-2 hours in a day, and/or sit 6-7 hours in a day.
- Occasionally lift up to 50-80 lbs.
- Must be able to occasionally bend, squat, and climb; including ability to ascend and descend ladders.
- Must use hands for repetitive simple grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office/Inside environment.
- Occasional travel and overnight stays.
- Valid Nevada Driver’s License with an acceptable driving record.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company. Cashman Equipment reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.