Glen-Gery is seeking a compensation analyst responsible for conducting research and analysis in different areas involving compensation, compensation statistics, and market analysis. Provides support with company compensation programs and maintaining compensation systems, procedures, and controls consistent with the company’s policies and practices. This position will partner with HR, Accounting, Sales Management and senior leadership to provide support with compensation data while acting as a subject matter expert and point of contact for compensation solutions.
About the Company:
Glen-Gery Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Brickworks Limited. Brickworks Limited (“The Group”) is a large Australian-listed group of companies. The Group has been in operation since the early 1900s, has a market capitalization exceeding A$2.5 billion, and operates across 3 core business segments: Building Products, Land & Development, and Investments. The Group employs more than 2,000 FTE employees and operates nationally across Australia, recently acquiring Glen-Gery Corporation to add operations in the USA.
Founded in 1890, Glen-Gery Corporation is one of the nation’s largest brick manufacturers and operates 10 brick manufacturing facilities and one manufactured stone facility. Glen-Gery products are sold nationally through a network of over 500 distributors as well as in Canada.
Assists in the administration, analysis and design of employer compensation program and incentive pay programs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Gathers data from market-based compensation surveys; uses spreadsheet and data analysis techniques to assess results and market trends.
- Responsible for administration and distribution of monthly/quarterly/annual commission and incentive plans
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Provides analytical support and data analysis on projects and human resource metrics.
- Support annual pay planning activities within established timelines.
- Participates in compensation surveys.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to determine appropriate compensation for job offers.
- Develop and maintain job descriptions, determine market price and Fair Labor Standard Act status ensuring compliance with State and Federal guidelines
- Assists with preparation and maintains job descriptions for each position in the organization; ensures descriptions accurately reflect the work being performed by incumbents.
- Advises management on applicable state and federal employment regulations, benefits and compensation policies, human resource procedures, and collective agreements.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and organize work effectively
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Thorough understanding of Federal, State and local rules, regulations and/or statutes pertaining to wages, compensation plans and Fair Labor Standards Act
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and ability to work with all levels in the organization
- Self-motivated with superior attention to detail
- Knowledge of HR principles and best practices in compensation
Education and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related field required from an accredited college or equivalent experienced/combined education.
- SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or World at Work CCP preferred.
- One to three years of experience as a compensation analyst required.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive and as such, the employee will also be required to perform other reasonably related business duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or other management personnel as required.
Equal Opportunity Employer