Are you passionate about technology and supporting first responders? If so, read on!
As a NorcomCT Communications Programming Technician (Technical Support Specialist) you will be an integral part of our core mission to provide technology solutions and services that help first responders, towns, and cities support and protect their communities. Your role will be to provide “best in class” support to keep our client’s mission critical systems up and available every day. Motorola is the world leader in public safety communications and NorcomCT is the premier Motorola partner in New England.
Our company provides a wide range of products and services and our technical services team is made up of a variety of positions and specialties. We are currently seeking applicants for Technical Support Specialist. Technical Support Specialist’s provide equipment configuration and repair service as well as remote client support. The position is staffed at our Naugatuck location, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, and may require occasional travel in company provided vehicles to customer locations or trainings.
This position requires experience with public safety radio use or with monitoring public safety radio operations, as well as, basic computer, electronics and scanner/radio programming knowledge. Salary, daily responsibilities and the opportunity for advancement are based on the skills and experience that a candidate possesses. All interested individuals are encouraged to apply. Compensation
Pay Rate: $21.00 to $31.00/hour ($43,680 - $64,480 Annually)
Pay rate based on applicant’s skills, experience, training/education, certifications and licenses.
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Disability and Life insurance, 401k, Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
If you have the drive and desire to learn and support exciting Motorola public safety technology products and solutions, while supporting first responders? APPLY NOW! About our Clients https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJFHcnaGCA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJoueMNIJ2U About our Company
NorcomCT, a leader in the wireless communications industry, is seeking outstanding, top-performing individuals to join our team. Headquartered in Naugatuck, Connecticut, NorcomCT specializes in the design, sale, implementation and support of wireless communications and data solutions for public safety, government, and commercial clients throughout Connecticut.
We are proud to offer industry leading Motorola products and solutions and have been recognized as an outstanding Motorola Solutions Sales Partner and Service Provider on several occasions.
As we continue to succeed and grow we are seeking talented, enthusiastic individuals to join our team of over 50 employees to provide world class products and solutions to our clients. Our clients depend on our products to help protect the public and save lives; our clients depend on our team to provide solutions to ensure their mission critical systems are always available to support their agency’s objectives and provide a lifeline to first responders. Our goal is to provide a work experience that will create a long term, mutually beneficial relationship between the employee, the company and our customers. Duties and Responsibilities
- Assembly, programming and configuration of radios and other equipment
- Operational checks of equipment
- Preventative maintenance and support of equipment and systems in house and at customer locations
- Reception and inventory of incoming orders
- Create and manage cases and update information and document work in CRM/case management system
- Communicate with customers and determine what level of response is required for service requests
- Coordinate service, install and project tasks with internal and external customers
- Answer and address technical support phone calls from customers and team members
- Demonstrate operational aspects and features of equipment and systems and provide end user operational training
- Troubleshoot, resolve, and escalate problems in a timely manner while following consistent, standards and approaches
- Work with customers to determine what equipment and services are required to fulfill a customer request and provide equipment list and support details to internal sales team for quoting
- Ensure that orders are complete after equipment configuration is complete
- Manage project inventory and release of equipment
- Be flexible in a sometimes fast paced, dynamic and changing workday, with the ability to prioritize and maintain attention to detail
- Other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Must have technical aptitude and embrace working with technology
- Experience as a public safety end user or first responder, two-way radio user, Amateur radio user and/or equivalent
- Basic electronics/Windows PC/server and networking experience. Applicants should be familiar with the following concepts and/or have experience with the following tasks:
- Switches and relays
- Use of volt meter
- How to set an IP address on a computer and basic network configuration
- Windows file structure and how to navigate it
- Major server/network/PC component troubleshooting and replacement
- Installation and configuration of Windows operating systems
- The concept of a domain and active directory for a Windows network
- Have the ability to explain technical information in basic, understandable terms to customers and co-workers
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Have a positive, friendly and team oriented "can do" demeanor with internal and external customers
- Be a self-starter and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Ability to compose and properly format grammatically correct emails and documents
- Ability to read and understand basic technical documents
- Motor Vehicle Reports (MVR), background checks, drug tests, physicals and proficiency tests will be required initially and may be required on an ongoing basis
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Proficiency and experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook (Email), Word, Excel and web browser and other standard Windows programs
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry 60-70 pounds of test/customer equipment
- Ability to travel out of state for training on occasion
- Maintain our company goals including honesty, integrity and ethical behavior at all times
- Three-years customer/internal technical support experience
- Experience with the use and/or programming of public safety radio equipment
- Experience with the use and/or programming of amateur (HAM) radio equipment
In addition to these requirements, we desire individuals who are team-oriented and who work and communicate effectively with others at all levels throughout the organization. Excellent customer service skills with the desire to provide world-class support are a must. Application and Evaluation Process:
- Submit online application and attach resume
- If selected to advance
- Complete three online assessments
- Phone interview
- In person interview
- Background check, Motor Vehicle Records (MVR) check and drug test
We expect that the evaluation process may take up to 60 days.
To be considered for this position, complete the online application and attach resume by clicking the "Apply" link below.
You will receive a confirmation email after submittal. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at [email protected]
Closing date for this position has not been determined
Northeastern Communications, Inc., dba NorcomCT is an Equal Opportunity Employer