Your success is a train ride away!
As we move America’s workforce toward the future, Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority, and the success of our railroad is due to our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
Our values of ‘Do the Right Thing, Excel Together and Put Customers First’ are at the heart of what matters most to us, and our Core Capabilities, ‘Building Trust, Accountability, Effective Communication, Customer Focus, and Proactive Safety & Security’ are what every employee needs to know and do to be most impactful at Amtrak. By living the Amtrak values, focusing on our capabilities, and actively embracing and fostering diverse ideas, backgrounds, and perspectives, together we will honor our past and make Amtrak a company of the future.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Acts as a public safety telecommunicator for the Amtrak Police Department nationwide handling emergency, and non-emergency calls for police and emergency service requests as well as providing customer service. In addition, communications officers handle all radio communications for the Amtrak Police Department.
• Receives calls for assistance and dispatches appropriate services.
• Operates the Police Department’s computer-aided dispatch system, alarm system, and a voice-over IP radio system.
• Operates the Commonwealth Law Enforcement Assistance Network (CLEAN) and other relative computer systems in the Communications Center.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Skill in reading map
• Skill in Operating communication equipment
• Skill in receiving, prioritizing and dispatching emergency calls.
• Skill in performing multiple tasks in a high stress, high security communication dispatch/call-taking center.
• Be able to successfully complete all mandatory training.
• Be able to successfully pass a thorough background investigation.
• Be able to type a minimum of 35 WPM.
• Be able to think clearly and perform during crisis situations.
• Be able to multi-task in a complex and high-pressure work environment.
• Be able to work in a complex, high-pressure work environment for up to 16 hours.
• Be able to work all shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays and during inclement weather conditions as Communications Officers are considered “key personnel” and are required to report regardless of weather conditions.
• Have a desire to work in the field of public safety and transportation helping people and emergency services during critical situations.
• Be able to carry out day-to-day operations in accordance with all communication center written directives and policies.
• Acquire through training and maintain job-related certifications which include, but are not limited to, Associations of Public Safety Communications Officials (APCO), Public Safety Telecommunicator, and Commonwealth Law Enforcement Assistance Network (CLEAN) or applicable system.
• Maintain good attitude and ability to work in a team environment.
• Be able to work a variety of rotating shifts in a 24-hour-a-day, 7-days-a-week operation with diverse work schedules, such as day shift, swing shift, graveyard and other variations, that include irregular hours, weekends, holidays, mandatory overtime, required reporting regardless of weather conditions.
• Previous experience and training as a public safety telecommunicator.
• Computer-aided dispatch experience and basic computer operations.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Job Family/Function:Safety & Security
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
All positions require pre-employment background check verification, a pre-employment drug screen and proof of full vaccination against COVID -19. Amtrak is committed to a safe workplace free of drugs and alcohol and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. Successful applicants for employment with Amtrak must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire as a condition of employment, subject to requests for accommodation. Fully vaccinated means 14 days have elapsed since receiving the second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 14 days since receiving the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR § 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, the individual will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an EOE/Affirmative Action Minority/Female employer, and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race/color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions), national origin/ethnicity, age, disability (intellectual, mental and physical), veteran status, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, genetic information, citizenship or any other personal characteristics protected by law.
POSTING NOTES: Safety & Security || No Additional