About B. Braun
B. Braun Medical Inc., a leader in infusion therapy and pain management, develops, manufactures, and markets innovative medical products and services to the healthcare industry. Other key product areas include nutrition, pharmacy admixture and compounding, ostomy and wound care, and dialysis. The company is committed to eliminating preventable treatment errors and enhancing patient, clinician and environmental safety. B. Braun Medical is headquartered in Bethlehem, Pa., and is part of the B. Braun Group of Companies in the U.S., which includes B. Braun Interventional Systems, Aesculap® and CAPS®.
Globally, the B. Braun Group of Companies employs more than 64,000 employees in 64 countries. Guided by its Sharing Expertise® philosophy, B. Braun continuously exchanges knowledge with customers, partners and clinicians to address the critical issues of improving care and lowering costs. To learn more about B. Braun Medical, visit www.BBraunUSA.com.
Strategic procurement position focused on the areas source identification and evaluation, source selection, quoting and qualification, and transition support from strategic to operational procurement. Support and serve as backup for Strategic Procurement Manager as needed in all functional areas. Responsible for driving value through the implementation of procurement strategies which optimize supplier relationships, reduce total costs, and ensure consistent supply of quality goods and services while mitigating risk.
Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Understand and track key commodity markets while benchmarking to B Braun costs.
- Implement strategies to capitalize on domestic and global price fluctuations.
- Analyze spend details and cost drivers to optimize cost position.
- Utilize risk assessment tools to identify and implement risk mitigation strategies.
- Analyze and coordinate total demand requirements for US and globally to leverage spend.
- Work collaboratively with internal customers to source materials based on functional and financial requirements.
- Manage the RFI and RFQ process as part of the source selection process.
- Support contract development, negotiation, implementation and compliance as needed.
- Coordinate activities with suppliers and internal departments to facilitate supplier evaluation, risk analysis and strategic business reviews.
- Analyze, identify and implement cost savings and supply base rationalization opportunities.
- Participate in supplier management functions including vendor evaluations, risk analysis and strategic business reviews.
- Support development of annual material budgets.
- Interface with Operational Procurement organizations as needed in support of supplier related activities.
- Develop required documentation in support of strategic procurement processes.
- Execute work activities related to long term commodity strategies.
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Requires advanced knowledge of professional field and industry. Influences the development of and drives the application of principles, theories, concepts. Determines best course of action.
- Work under minimal supervision. Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish assigned goals. May periodically assist in orienting, training, assigning and checking the work of lower level employees. Referring only complex problems and issues.
- Judgement is required in resolving complex problems based on experience.
- Contacts are primarily with department supervisors, leads, subordinates, and peers. Frequent contact with external contractors/vendors.
Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelors degree
- 05-08 years related experiance
- Applicable industry/professional certification
- Occassional business travel required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
B. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com.
Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to:
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Lifting, Carrying, Pushing, Pulling and Reaching:
- Occasionally:Reaching upward and downward, Push/pull, Stand
- Occasionally:Handling, Push/pull, Reaching upward and downward, Standing, Walking
- Frequently:Finger feeling,Hearing - ordinary, fine distinction, loud (hearing protection required), Seeing - depth perception, color vision, field of vision/peripheral, Sitting,Talking - ordinary, loud/quick
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise Intensity:Low
- Constantly:Office environment
What We OfferB. Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com. Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled