Red Thread, the premier provider of customized workplace environments, integrating office furnishings, interior architectural systems, floor covering, technology and audio-visual communication tools to create exceptional places for working, collaborating and learning, seeks a dedicated, customer service-oriented professional to join our team as a Project Manager.
The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for engaging all resources including the customer, needed to achieve project goals and delivering successful outcomes on large, complex projects from inception through final close out. PM emphasis will be on customer experience through effective communication, planning, coordination, schedule and cost management.
- Function as the primary client interface for furniture and/or integrated projects on behalf of Red Thread’s business segments.
- Establish overall scope and success criteria; ensure positive customer experience.
- Direct dealer/manufacturer/client team to achieve mutual goals and communicate status throughout the project lifecycle.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee all tasks, work plans, timelines, logistics, critical dates, third party interfaces, performance quality, budget, and project administration, for each assigned project.
- Manage site readiness and supervise trade resources on-site activities including performance quality, timeliness of completion, adherence to plan.
- Maintain detailed project documentation, including key project decisions, customer project requests, financial and change order revisions.
- Prepare bid documents to perform required work based on final designs and procurement of equipment and materials.
- Specify, inventory, and source furniture for projects in accordance with Client’s reuse strategy (as applicable).
- Develop move drawings using customer’s programming information to ensure all items and people moving are identified and aligned as requested by customer.
- Pre-construction planning and meeting with selected bidder to include review of safety requirements, contractor access to site and scheduling.
- Review contractor and supplier invoices related to project costs for accuracy completion and compliance to contract and/or purchase order
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years of commercial project management, including design, construction and furniture dealership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, business administration or PMP designation
- Managing resources, schedules and budgets, conducting presentations and project meetings
- Excellent communication, organization and PC skills
- AutoCAD skills
- Ability to analyze and problem solve effectively and creatively
While this position reports into and is primarily located in Red Thread’s East Hartford, CT office, it will require travel within CT and possibly other New England locations. Red Thread offers employees a unique working environment in our state-of-the-art showrooms. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D, 401(k), paid time off, and paid holidays. We can be found at www.red-thread.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.